Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I put my bike away for the winter and it wouldnt start jus figured it was the battery. well we finally got some decent weather here in michigan and i wanted to get the bike out and i bought a new battery from miejers which prolly wasnt the best choice but it was close and easy. Took all the old gas out put in some fresh 93 octane and it fired up like it was running all winter long. Then i shut it off went inside got my riding gear and went to go take off and all it does is crank over and doesnt fire. Any ideas????

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn on the key
Also check and see if you bumped your kill switch or if u turned it off with it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Shouldn't be your battery, but try to push start / jump start it.
My '10 wouldn't start a few weeks back - been riding her almost
everyday - (needless to say the battery was new) a jump did the trick.

·
Registered
936 Posts
how long did you leave it running for....if it was only a few seconds I'd bet you fouled the plugs. Mine used to do it all the time. Wide open throttle and it will start up

·
Registered
240 Posts
that's strange. if you hear the fuel pump and it cranks over the next thight would be to check if it has spark.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm having exactly the same problem. Got mine running after winter and drove 30miles. Stopped, booked it in for a service and I wouldn't start 15minutes after I stopped. Not had a chance to check it out as I work away but as soon as I get back I'm gonna have a look at my plugs.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Did the engine fully warm up before you turned it off? If not, it probably left the plugs wet with gas from the cold idle mixture. Try what the other guys have said: wide open throttle and crank it for 10-20 seconds to put some fresh air into the cylinders. If it doesn't crank briskly, jump it off a car (car engine OFF).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts