Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way home at 1am and it was a bit nippy this morning. anyway, i'm about 3 miles from my exit when i see the lights. 2 sets, approaching very quickly. i know they're bikes, just don't know why they're traveling at a high rate of speed. if i had to guess their speed compared to mine i'd say 130's easy. traffic is light so i'm not sure if they saw me from a distance and are bating me or what. they fly by to my left in single file. hmm, they don't slow up after passing me so i'm curious and pick up the pace. at night, speed sucks, especially with a tinted visor. once i reach onethreezero and they're still pulling away i back off, not worth it. 95 gets straight at one point near mountain road exit and i see them take the exit, no brakes. i'm impressed because that's an exit with a left curve and a traffic light approx. 500' from the start of the exit. i look to my right as i approach the over pass for mountain rd they're out of sight. then i see it, red&blues in my mirror coming up fast. i'm like, SH!T, collateral damage i am. obviously these guys were running, it should have clicked earlier but maybe it was the cold air freezing my brain. the trooper flyes by doing at least 140. i thought for sure he was going to pull in behind me thinking i was part of the group. he went another 1/4 mile then shut off the lights and went past my exit. i was breathing easy. he must have gotten a good look at the two of them not to pull me over. i've heard people getting pulled over because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. i could have easily explained my way out of the stop but initially if he had pulled me over i'm sure it wouldn't have been a "normal" stop. there may have been some yelling and possibly a weapon pointed in my direction. not sure why they were running but...they got away. by the way, they both were on gixxers, one was yellow and they did have tags from what i could see. just thought i'd share.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Never follow other idiots on the road to the morgue or jail
The cop was smart enough not to pull you over i am sure
he could have just for the hell of it but he was being fair

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Yeah, you are lucky they didnt stop you too. Ive also seen and heard stories like that.

On another note, why do you use a tinted shield at night? I couldnt see worth a damn if I used mine at night.

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
Hmr1 said:
On another note, why do you use a tinted shield at night? I couldnt see worth a damn if I used mine at night.
lucky! riding around with a tinted visor at nite sucks a**.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Dam, they are freaking nuts! glad you didn't get caught up in things because of them.

·
Registered
860 Posts
How far behind was the trooper from the bikes? Sounds like the trooper was having some wishful thinking of catching the bikes or them spilling by the timeline in your story. Just curious b/c of our pursuit procedures. Either way, fell lucky you weren't hurt by the geniuses and pulled over b/c of being in the wrong place. Maybe he got their plates, and they'll have warrants put out for them for felony evading.:wav:

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
Mike Handler said:
I see they now sell lis. plate brackets that retract via pneumatics/push button.
No need in wasting your on that crap, just reach back and turn it up. "NOT THAT I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT"

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
lol, I did this to someone and they got pulled over.

I was doing about 140ish down the highway when I past a chp in a car.... he flipped on his lights and I just kept going. I past by a guy on a gixxer haulin ass and went up about 2 exits and turned around on the freeway.... started heading back the other way and as I was going down the freeway I looked over and on the other side the gixxer I had past got pulled over, hahahaha.

·
Brown at your service
3,493 Posts
clevisBacon said:
lol, I did this to someone and they got pulled over.

I was doing about 140ish down the highway when I past a chp in a car.... he flipped on his lights and I just kept going. I past by a guy on a gixxer haulin ass and went up about 2 exits and turned around on the freeway.... started heading back the other way and as I was going down the freeway I looked over and on the other side the gixxer I had past got pulled over, hahahaha.
You were being a good semeratin. Preventive maintance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts