Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tonight after my ride, as i typically do, i headed to the large Baptist Church parking lot near my house to do some slow speed turns and circles to scrub the edges of my tires. I don't go fast, 30mph tops, and i don't do it if there are any cars in the area of the parking lot that i do this in. There were some cars on the other side of a large median that is a ways off and not near where this is taking place as there typically is.

As i am rounding a left hand turn at about 25 mph this purple van with its headlights off, its dark outside, comes FLYING through the gap in the median straight into my path and i say what the hell is this idiot doing and start to turn left to avoid him and he changes course again to head me off not slowing down. So i lean it hard to try and get out of his way and he again changes course at this point i realize if i don't stop this idiot is gonna hit me. So i grab the brakes and come to a stop right in front of him. He quickly rolls his windows down and starts to exit the vehicle all while shouting "This is private property you need to get out of here", i replied "You almost ran me over you idiot", then he says "I'm gonna run you over if you don't beat it". He was an older guy wearing a military jacket.....So i slam the bars left and gas it and start to leave and he tried to follow me!! I got home and pulled in the garage and my hands were shaking. I'm gonna call the church tomorrow and talk to their senior pastor because there was no reason to almost run me over to get me to stop. All he had to do was wave me down or flash his brights. It really wasn't cool.

So bottom line, don't practice in a Baptist church parking lot. They'll introduce you to God with a mini van.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Ya, I enjoy church, though I can't tell you how many people I've found to be either judgemental or horney. Kinda feel guilty picking up chicks in a church and shaking their husbands hand, telling them "god be with you."

Glad you didn't get hurt boss.

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sounds to me like he was releasing some demons from an exorcism

I have a good friend that is Baptist and they are some crazies. His parents wouldn't let him play Pokemon when we were younger because the pokemon evolve and that is evil!!!

Needless to say ill be finding another parking lot to practice in......

·
Banned
280 Posts
Had a catholic walk out infront of me and then grab my arm a squeez as tight as he could and threaten to kick my ass.... it was a father and I really didn't want to go to jail but I did kick the stand down, jump off and threaten to ensure he goes to heaven like christopher reves if he didn't back the f*** up and release my arm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
ha thats to funny im baptist and i am allowed to pratice stunting in our church parking lot.. they said they would rather me do it there than on the street... they said just no burnouts and we will be fine with it.. that came straight from my preachers mouth... hes a younger guy too..

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
So bottom line, don't practice in a Baptist church parking lot. They'll introduce you to God with a mini van.
this is amazing :) ahahah
go there tell them what happened if anything when u c the van again there write the plates down and call the cops on him :)

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
It IS private property, but the way he approached you is totally wrong. All he had to do was wave you down and ask you to please leave. Everything has to be a big confrontation with some people (e.g. the dude in the van).

My church parking lot is so full of gravel and sand that it's not worth trying to practice anything other than picking your bike up after it slides out on you there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well i got a hold of one of their senior pastors and explained the situation to him and he didn't have a problem with me doing what i explained i was doing in their parking lot. He also said he is very interested in trying to find this gentleman in the purple mini van because the situation was handled very poorly by someone that attends his church.

Needless to say i am still going to try and find a better lot to practice in.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts