Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was just wanting to know if you guys had any animal related stories? i had one the other nite. was coming around the curve at about 45mph, that's the speed limit there, was a sweeping corner. I wasn't leaned over too far, but far enough. All of a sudden, there's this big assed racoon laying in the middle of the road. I swerved enough to just barely keep from running it over, but it kinda freaked me out, just wanted to share that.

story #2. my neighbor has got a big yellow lab, that likes to chase my bike as i ride by. well, the dumbassed state department here decided the were going to tar and gravel my perfectly paved asphalt road. thus ruining my favorite and most frequented set of twistys. so i'm coming home one afternoon, just to rest awhile, and out the grass comes this flying yellow blur. Well, it's gravel, but i was ready. i had down shifted to excelerate, to throw off his timing, like usual, and had moved to the center of the road. Well, this dog is flying straight at me, not along the roadside this time. he slams on his breaks. just for the record, the yellow lab does not come with an ABS breaking system. SO this dog slides in the gravel trying to stop, and actually t-bones me. slides head first right into the right side of my bike. i was leaned over enough from the swerve that when he hit me, it stood the bike straight up. I must have stayed p*ssed off for the next 3 days it seems. I still hate that dog. But i never wrecked either time, dog or coon.

Anyone else have a good animal story?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Back in college I used to ride my fraternity brothers bike alot, since he didn't. I was taking a nice sat. ride and was going down some roads I hadn't been on before also. This one house had a German Shepard that I had passed before and he would always go nuts as I rode by. This day was no exception. As I was about two houses past, I felt this tugging at my leg then my calf started to hurt. I looked down and this mother fucker had jumped the fence and was biting the **** out of me. I ended up going straight instead of the turn I always made more focused getting him off me and didn’t notice it was a dead end. Well as I went to turn, he let go only to bit a hold of me again as I tried to get by. By now his owner was yelling at me for antagonizing him. Since this bastard wasn’t going to call off his dog and the dog wasn’t going to let go, I lifted my leg up and over him hooking him and pinned his ass against the swing arm and hit the throttle. After being dragged for about 50 feet at 70 mph, that little fucker let go.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I come around a corner one night on the way home from work (nice twisty road) doing about 85 mph only to see a fuggin Peacock in the middle of the road spreading his big ass feathers......well I went through that big bastards feather show...haven't seen him since.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
The first week i had my bike i was going to get my oil changed cuz i put like 1000 on it that week, anyways the nearest place is about 45 min. away and i was goin early saturday mornin, i'm about ten minutes away and me and this truck had been buddyin up ya know keepin a good rate of speed and he was ahead of me well we got up on some slow traffic and soo i got up on his rear not real close but anyways i look down and there is this cat thats' jus been hit ( I think thats why the car was goin so slow ahead, b/c he hit it ) soo i jus puckered up and held on and jumped the damn thang doin about 60, when i got the the honda place i told the guy ya know watch out for blood and i looked and on the inside of my rear rim there was part of it's skull along with the bike covered in blood on the bottom.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I had a doe run out in front of me doing 65mph at 1:00am on a dark country road about 10 miles outside of town. She came from the left side and I tried to cut back right, caught her in the hip and went down hard. Knocked unconscious for a few seconds and I woke up to pitch black and the sound of something sliding down the road. ME! All I could think about was.."God, please don't let me hit a sign!". I out slid the bike by @ 50ft. Got up and took my helmet off, walked back to pick up the bike and felt my shoulder pop back into the joint. I didn't even realize it was out! By the time I got the bike upright, three cars had already stopped to help. A house off the road heard the wreck and called 911. The guy who wound up taking me to the hospital was just coming back from riding his daughter on his bike. :mrgreen: Don't try to tell me there's no gaurdian angels! :bounce: It took me two months to wash my hair with both hands and I still have a bad shoulder and neck. I consider myself EXTREMELY lucky! I wound up with a broken collar bone, a mild concussion, seperated shoulder, and a little road rash. It was cold that night so I had worn my blue-jean jacket and gloves! That saved alot of my a$$. That and my radio I slid on! :mrgreen:

You know what the weirdest thing about this was. A few days later, as soon as I could, I went out and starting going over the bike to see what all was damaged. There was absolutely no blood anwhere on the bike! A little hair here and there but that's it! Or so I thought. When I walked around to the other side of the bike I noticed that there was something under the left passenger peg. Now on a 1986 FZ600 they had a rubber peice bolted on top of the foot peg. After removing it I noticed that it was a peice of bone! Clean cut bone about 1/4" inch thick, the size of dime, and with no traces of blood! Never found the deer either!

Tim

·
Registered
111 Posts
well, i hit a deer at 55 mph at 4:30 in the after noon on a back road. t-boned the dam thing. i went about 75 feet on my side and face(full gear). my bike went about 150-200 feet. i slid down the road and fellin to a ditch. bike fliped once and landed on its side. the bike was a total loss. there were a few people that saw it happen so they stoped to help me out but i have not ridden since. my parents and family dont want me to any more.i think i will pick it back up again in a few years. i am not afraid just dont want to worrie the ones i love.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cats have to be the dumbest creatures on earth. It was sitting in the middle of the road I was driving down and like a good cat it starts to get off the road. Then right when I'm coming up near it he thinks i'm coming at him so he heads right into my front tire. I only had time enough to get a good grip and brace for impact........but nothing happened. Turns out it manages to run between my two tires going about 40 mph.

They may be dumb, but dang there fast!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
going down a nice left sweeper at about 55 (5 over the speed limit) out in the country, headed down to the river where the twisties are for the afternoon. before i knew it there was a white blob sitting in the middle of the road just chillin', sitting on its haunches taking in the sun, with its back to me. i was about 20 ft away before i noticed it (was daydreaming :bitchslap: ) and slowed down as much as i could within the short distance, got target fixation and missed the cat by a few inches. scared the crap out of me (and the cat, since it zipped away as i passed) so much i turned around and went home.

and i think i ran over a mouse once, but i didn't stop to check. all i saw was a tiny grey blur and felt a small thump from the front wheel...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts