Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to figure out what material and color the rear subframe and rear foot pegs are made from. I am assuming its Anodized Aluminum, but I am not clear on the color. Is it just the color of aluminum or is it powder coated to look the way it does now?

The models I am looking at are 2007 and up, but I think older bikes are using the same color and material as well.

Thanks

p.s. is it possible to make plastic look identical to that?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Do you know what anodizing is? For aluminum, you must use a dye to achieve a certain color with an electrode which essentially oxidizes the surface layer on the aluminum in a acid bath solution. It creates a protective barrier against further corrosion and oxidation. I don't think they are anodized from the factory anyways, I think they are powdercoated black. Anodizing creates a very obvious metallic translucent feature and can look very different in different lighting.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the process behind anodizing... Sort of.. but dont know how it would look exactly. What i m trying to do is create a custom piece that would attach to silver part of stock color subframe. I m hoping to make it out of plastic and then color match it to look exact. Do u think its possible with plastic or it have to be metal?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts