Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didn't want to thread hijack, but is this #2 today or what?
go down to the garage in my apartment building this morning, about 6am, and my 05 600rr is gone. had it parked behind my car against a wall, chained, disc locked, and scorpio alarmed (which i just bought over the weekend, btw).

completely bone stock except for the alarm. had about 3000 mi on it.

i just got home from the police station filing my report and calling the insurance peoples, and now i have to go back to work.
this has just been a FANTASTIC week for me...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sorry to hear that man, I always thought that having a lock, chain, OR alarm wouldnt really help and this just proves it...You had all three and they still took that $hit. People are A holes man, seriously. Oh well, let us know what happens with getting it taken care of.:banghead:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Sorry man for your lost, I'm suprised that even after all your precautions they got it.

To what was your bike chained ? and what kind of chain did you have ?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Id start with the guys that fitted the alarm to a new bike. They would be prime suspects, go round with a pair of pliers and a blow torch, see what you can extract.

Other than that i guess praying they die riding it is all you can do.

Sorry to hear bout it man

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Mouse said:
Id start with the guys that fitted the alarm to a new bike. They would be prime suspects, go round with a pair of pliers and a blow torch, see what you can extract.

Other than that i guess praying they die riding it is all you can do.

Sorry to hear bout it man
good point.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I cant stand people that steal expensive stuff like that, people work hard and reward themselves and lowlife slackers come by and take it. If I ever caught a few guys trying to get away with my bike, they would soon be on the messy side of a 12 gauge shotgun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
npro said:
I cant stand people that steal expensive stuff like that, people work hard and reward themselves and lowlife slackers come by and take it. If I ever caught a few guys trying to get away with my bike, they would soon be on the messy side of a 12 gauge shotgun.
i copy that

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
nothing's gonna stop a determined thief, get a dog instead, when you hear it barking something's going wrong, i park my bike inside the house they wouldn't dare steal my bike or i'll pump their guts full of 5.56 NATO lead from my M16.

so sorry to hear what happened, must be a nightmare for you.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You had your bike on LOCK and they still got you?!! Thats so messed up. You really can't stop a determined thief. I guess the best way really is to keep it in your living room. To bad my condo is on the 3rd floor and no elevator. I'm really scared for my new bike. If someone steals it im gonna cry.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Did you have the perimeter sensor on the alarm? I would have surely thought that it would go off, maybe you slept through it?

Having had a bike stolen, the best protection is comprehensive insurance. Be sure to have your claims agent include the alarm, chain and disc lock.

My bike turned up after 30 days heavily damaged (ended up getting it totalled.) Hopefully they catch/kill the person(s) responsible.

·
Registered
228 Posts
npro said:
If I had to respond to this call at work, I'd chalk it up to temporary insanity on your part and just have EMS scrub up the dirtbag... Thieves suck balls

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Probably parked a van in the garage with a couple of guys in it. Just waited till all was clear and picked the bike up and stowed it in the van. Drove away.
Maybe some kindly little old lady cager will park her car on top of him somewhere the first time he rides it. One can only hope.........

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
The alarm people stole your bike. Seriously, when you go and get an alarm they take your address and ****. They have the alarm code so they can make another transmitter. They have every opportunity to take your bike. Whenever I get an alarm installed I always give them the wrong address. Car, bike, truck, whatever.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks to everybody.

on the alarm... i installed it myself last weekend. up until sunday the bike was kept in my parents' garage about an hour from where i live. the nice roads are up there, anyway. sunday night i rode it home and parked it in the garage of my apartment building. the garage is key coded. i parked the bike between the car and the wall with all the security stuff on it. the perimeter sensor was armed, but i checked the pager and either it wasn't tripped, or it was disabled, or there's too much between my apartment and the garage (ie 3 floors).

the first thing the police officer asked when i went to file my report was the usual was it towed, was the registration up to date, etc. that was before i told him it was a bike not a car. when i said motorcycle first thing he said was, "yeah, it was probably stolen"

then, talking to the insurance adjuster, apparently there have been A LOT of claims on stolen bikes in this area recently, and they haven't recovered many of them. so basically they're going to push the paperwork through and hope to have it settled by the weekend. so i'll keep you all up to date on when the new bike rolls in! (it's going right back to my parents' garage...)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts