Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need some help but its not for a honda i posted at the kawi forum but that forum just sucks lol i love the .net

so heres the dillemma i bought a crashed 05 10r everything is straight but the tail plastics (which i already fixed) and the pulsing cover cracked and all the oil was spilled out also the pulsing rotor is missing two teeth, i ordered all new stuff now it won't be arriving till next week but a buddy of mines has the same bike and he let me borrow his cover to see if i can get the bike to run, i replaced the cover BUT NOT the rotor now the fuel pump is primiing and the motor is cranking and it will try to turn on but it won't so what i was wondering is this due to the missing theeth on the rotor or something more sever due to the accident thanxs in advance i will be trying to make a video of me trying to start it to show u guys but here are some pics it will soon be painted pearl white

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i wanted a 06 to 07 cbr 1000 but couldnt find any in my area for a good price

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I love the look of the ZX-10R of that year.

When you say 'pulsing rotor', is that in reference to something inside the engine case? If it is missing teeth, the pulse generator pickup won't read it correctly and will not allow the spark plugs to fire. I think.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
It needs to have all the teeth, if one is missing it won't read correctly just like Fighting chance said. I'm surprised it doesn't flash a code in the cluster. That's probably it, and it is a Kaw! One more thing, I had to rebuild an engine cause when I took of the clutch cover from a bike that had beed laid down, it looked clean. $500 later, I learned not to assume that. You need to pull the exhaust and the oil pan. I'd really recommend pulling the motor and inspecting it and if there is even a little dirt inside, I'd take it all apart and clean it. that's the only way you can guarantee that you won't be stuck on the side of the road.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea it was becuase of the theeth missing as soon as i got the new rotor and cover the bike started right up, im going to drop the oil pan to make sure the theeth are not in there thanks for all the help guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts