Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First post here, I have a '05 cbr600rr which i am making into a full time track bike. I sold my street bodywork and now am looking to get a race setup. My choices are:
1) Buy full Hotbodies painted for $600.00

2) Buy Catalyst Racing Composites upper,lower,tail for $670.00 (unpainted)

I live right near Catalyst Racing Composites shop and can drive to pick up the platsics. Is it worth the extra money for the Quality Racing over Hotbodies? I don't really care if its painted or not right now but that is a plus. I searched on fitment and quality and i hear CRC are the best. Anyone can help with suggestions? Thanks alot.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
670 for upper and lower isn't too bad, although Sharkskinz which is widely considered the best aftermarket set up will run 900 or so for the tank cover and front fender included. You would have to pay shipping on them where as you can pick up the QRC products. I've never heard of QRC are they the same as Catalyst composites?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CollegeRider said:
670 for upper and lower isn't too bad, although Sharkskinz which is widely considered the best aftermarket set up will run 900 or so for the tank cover and front fender included. You would have to pay shipping on them where as you can pick up the QRC products. I've never heard of QRC are they the same as Catalyst composites?

EDIT: You are correct it is Catalyst Racing Composites (sorry) not quality. I hear they are the best around.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
I've heard good things about them, but Armour bodies and Sharkskinz from what i've read and seen are better quality. Check out there websites to compare pricing.
bradd15 said:
EDIT: You are correct it is Catalyst Racing Composites (sorry) not quality. I hear they are the best around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts