Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just got done with a track day and apparently I need new front brakes. It's an 07 with 4,000 miles (I know...pathetic).
I figured while I'm in the process of changing the brakes I would upgrade to steel braided lines. Anyone have any particular brand recommendations? From my research seems like most are going with Spiegler. Also, I noticed that some brands have a 2 line set-up and a 1-into-2 line setup. Seems to me like the 1 into 2 would be a cleaner install.
Any benefit to one system over the other?
Thanks for the help.
And PS...how long did your stock pads last?

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
4000 miles and new brakes??? Who told you that?

Did you spill oil on your pads or something?

Good brake lines: galfer, goodritch, speagler, hel, etc...

Good pads: carbon lorraine's, EBC HH sintered, vesrah RJL, etc...

All of my spelling might be wrong LOL

Reactions: RedisFaster

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
2 lines from your MC is considered a race set up. Some companies don't recomend it for stock due to clarence issues. Then there is a 3 line set up that has a "T" in it like stock. The other set up is the cross over where you run one line from MC to caliper, then a cross over line from caliper to caliper. Everyone has their preference on which style to run. I run a race set up but that's because I got a great deal on it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the good info. When I got my inspection the guy told me my pads were low. I figured he was just a moron so I didnt do anything about it. Just did a track day this past weekend and at tech inspection they told me I needed new front pads? I'm going to pull them off and check the thickness just to be sure they actually need to be replaced. Also, forgot to mention that in those 4k miles I did like ~8 track days.

Is there any benefit to the "race" setup over the setup with the T- connector that splits the lines? I asume "race" means you get better performance but I dont see how.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
8 track days sounds about right...

The race set up applies equal fluid pressure to each caliper... Some will tell you that any other set up will appli slightly different pressures...

The laws of fluid dynamics tells me otherwise. With that said... I have the race set up.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
i like my speiglers simply because you can rotate the banjo so you hoses are never twisted up. and there are a billion color options as well. i run those with EBC HH pads and love em

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
i like my speiglers simply because you can rotate the banjo so you hoses are never twisted up. and there are a billion color options as well. i run those with EBC HH pads and love em
:+1:was going to go w Galfer, but they didnt have the color opt like Spiegler did :)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I just put my speiglers on yesterday and love them... took about an hour and a half to do both front and rear. I would recommend getting some clear rubber tubing that you can slide over your bleeder bolts when you bleed them to keep things a little cleaner. Also you can tell when there are no more air bubbles coming out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.