Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 50 Posts
I always laugh at the bike cops in my area. Open face helmet, short sleeve shirts, sometimes no gloves. Lol...
That's because it's department policy. It has to do with the publics view of officers. La Mesa PD in San Diego is one of the few that I have seen that can wear full face. They wear those full face that pop up in front. They want the public to be able to view officers faces. Cops can't wear full gloves because of having to use firearms, write, and it really doesn't work well for a pat down or a search.

The CHP guys are a breed of their own. My buddy is in a cruiser and says they don't get along with any of the other officers....they stick to their own within the department. Anyway, every cop I've rolled up on or ended up next to gives me the head nod...like they are saying hey. I don't know...probably was one of the jerk offs. My last ticket in my cager was from a CHP motorcycle cop...urrr. I could tell he was a ****.

i dont hate other bikers at all.. my outlook is as long as you are not doing stupid stuff in areas that people can get hurt.. no problem at all..

i cut them all slack..
I wish you were an officier in my area!

jacket unzipped? helmet straps undone? dark visor in the evening? no gloves? idk.
from wot he said, full gloves in effect, the head shake was prob for the blatant avoidence of eye contact, a common thing when peeps wanna hide something , they loook away.. only to check to see if they are being watched at the last minute...

Discussion starter · #27 · (Edited)
from wot he said, full gloves in effect, the head shake was prob for the blatant avoidence of eye contact, a common thing when peeps wanna hide something , they loook away.. only to check to see if they are being watched at the last minute...
lol

Anywho, it seemed pretty obvious he had something against me. I could have read too much into it but it still sucks to not get the wave from someone, let alone his reaction...

As for speeding on the freeway, it seems lately that traffic flow has crept up a bit, closing in on almost 90mph in what is always a 65 around here. I'm not sure how I feel about going 65 in that. I've been working in as many backroads as possible on "fast" sections but it's starting to feel inevitable that there will be a crack down and as a sport bike rider, I'm gonna get the ticket(s). Further, since it is 80+ in a 65, I'm sure there will be 3 or 4 tickets on each stop with some 12 points fooking my insurance and license priveledges. It's all pretty dire. meh...

And another comment, it does seem to be something related to motorcycle CHP. They have had the worst rep for PR for nearly a decade and they confirm the validity of that rep each time I meet with them.

I never speed on purpose or for thrill. I usually maintain my 5mph unless I feel an honest safety issue is at hand. It just seems wrong that so much damage to my wallet and license can occur under these circumstances.

Anywho, back the badge, even when their diks.

there is one here in Ocala that wont even look my way.... the rest are jerks and the cops in the cages are the best to deal with and coolest about sport bikes.

According to this, everyone that gets on any highway in Cali should be ticketed. Driving 65mph on the 5 will get you killed. A school bus will run you over for being to slow! :angel2:
so true!!! i always give cops the dueces...most of the time they wave back or nod but it's just like waving at harley riders, sometimes they don't always return it.

The problem is as most cops will tell you they day in and day out have to deal with the scum of the earth. Becoming a bit cynical and prejudice is probably a bit of a survival skill as a cop. Does that make it just, hell no, it's an excuse, and a piss poor one at that, but it doesn't mean it isn't true. The more encounters I've had with police the past few years the more I have the mentality that more than half of them don't do their job well and take advantage of what I think is a position that needs much more regulation. But it like many other things in this country, the system isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better than what many other people have.

I still haven't met a cop that isn't a di*k. And I know that there are many on this forum but i don't care.
You want to prove me wrong? Go ahead.
It's fine to have your personal attitudes but start insulting our members on here and your stay will be short.

I still haven't met a cop that isn't a di*k. And I know that there are many on this forum but i don't care.
you have this attituede towards all police officers because yes there are some out there that are di*cks, but yet then you question police officers attitutes towards bikers with the same attitude you have toward police officers.

you totally contradict yourself right there, just that you are on the other side grouping all police officers together.

you have this attituede towards all police officers because yes there are some out there that are di*cks, but yet then you question police officers attitutes towards bikers with the same attitude you have toward police officers.

you totally contradict yourself right there, just that you are on the other side grouping all police officers together.
+1 - And this is coming from someone who is getting pulled over 18 to 20 times a year. Almost twice a month

i watched a cop on a sportbike speeding through a crowded gas station, wearing full uniform. i got a ticket from a motorcycle cop for a tag he could clearly see. i do believe there are good and bad influences on both sides. whenever i get pulled over i never act threatening or get loud sometimes i get away with it sometimes not luck of the draw.

And you ALWAYS get pulled over for the hell of it? You weren't doing ANYTHING wrong, and your bike is 100% legal?

I've been lucky, not pulled over yet, and I haven't rode like an angel at all. Even when I did get pulled over in my truck for doing something stupid, I never BS'd the cop. I said I was being an idiot and I shouldn't have been doing what I did. They usually run the license and see its clean and let me go. Trust me, cops might have quotas, but the less work for them (writing tickets) the happier they are. Don't piss them off and you will have better luck.

It's fine to have your personal attitudes but start insulting our members on here and your stay will be short.
This is a forum and it's a place where people share their personal opinion, I said clearly that I never met one, not that they dont exist.
I wrote that to see how cops on the forum would react and prove me wrong.
Let's see what people have to say.

It's just frustrating for me to follow the speed limit like a robot here, in Europe it's not really enforced unless you go 100mph on a 30mph road.

I never got a ticket since I moved here (1998) and I didn't have any attitude toward the cops when they pulled me over in the past. I respect police officers but I expect the same from them.

This is a forum and it's a place where people share their personal opinion, I said clearly that I never met one, not that they dont exist.
I wrote that to see how cops on the forum would react and prove me wrong.
Let's see what people have to say.

It's just frustrating for me to follow the speed limit like a robot here, in Europe it's not really enforced unless you go 100mph on a 30mph road.

I never got a ticket since I moved here (1998) and I didn't have any attitude toward the cops when they pulled me over in the past. I respect police officers but I expect the same from them.
You also "clearly" called all cops you've ever met dicks, followed by a comment that there are many LEO's on here. You may not mean any on here are, but it was a poor choice of words.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.