Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay...you guys know that i am looking around for a ducati, which was the 996S.

Around my town, there is another ducati, the 748S, and he has done all the maintenance problems, so it's probably in excellent condition. And the price is just so tempting to get this rather than the 996S, even though i want the 996S so badly.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I have always loved the 748. For street riding I prefer the smaller machines. It all comes down to your preferance. I wish I had your problem.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
it would be way cool......

if you posted a pic of the two bikes you want!

·
Registered
912 Posts
i say why settle. Don't get something just because the price is right. Buy what YOU want.

·
Woman Can Handle A LOT of Beef
2,009 Posts
Get the newer one.. I have a 749 and love it.. and the maintenance $$ is a fraction of the older ones... Their mechanical valve system has made leaps and bounds in the last few years....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
senedane said:
Get the newer one.. I have a 749 and love it.. and the maintenance $$ is a fraction of the older ones... Their mechanical valve system has made leaps and bounds in the last few years....
i really love the styling of the 996 or the 748s. I am not too worried about maintenance, since I am already prepared to be spending big bucks for the ducati. And i always have my beloved RR!! :)

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I remember reading a while back in one of the UK magazines (BIKE or perhaps T.W.O.) a used bike buying guide about these two bikes. Their take on it was that the 748 was the more rewarding, engaging ride where you had to work harder to be quick compared to the 996, much like the difference between a 600cc and a 1000cc IL4. Both exceptional bikes, no doubt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts