Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
The motorcycle kept going and came to rest 200 yards down the road? He tried to switch lanes at a high rate of speed?
Sorry... there is no excuse for stupid. :retard:

Peace,

Gabe

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well here is how i read it. He tried to lay the bike down (as in failing and falling off) he gets ran over and bike stays upright and continues without him, still on the rubber side down.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
ya..RIP fellow rider...but dude..high rate of speed lane change into oncoming traffic...............

and the bike does look fairly mashed up, notice the front speedo and various electronics hanging off to the side?

·
Registered
115 Posts
A lot of cars won't see you if you are covering the distance a football field every second or so.
Most riders who "didn't get seen by the driver" were so far down the road when the driver started the turn there was no way the drivers mind would compute that the rider was going to be there in another 1 second. Watch that speed boys and girls, thats why we have tracks.
RIP rider

·
Registered
75 Posts
not condoning his actions here, but I got kinda pissed reading the end of the article. My impression of it is that he was on two lane road, changing lanes, and the car turns in front of him. The excuse, "I didn't see him" is such a terrible excuse...it's like a free pass for being stupid

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree doing dangerous high speed lane changing is a dumb idea. However with the above post if you google map the road the crash happened on it is a 4 lane highway with 2 lanes going each way. So it is possible that the motorcycle was in the left (passing) lane and the car was in the right lane and made an illegal turn. Not enough information in the article to even guess who is to blame. Either way a life was lost early. My condolences to the family.

·
Registered
195 Posts
RIP rider, another reason to watch the speed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts