Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Another New Guy here

897 views 21 replies 20 participants last post by  SLAPS808 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello,

My story:

Started in July of '05 with the MSF course (never rode a bike prior). Bought my first bike (Suzuki GS500e) in August to learn on. I put about 2000 miles on it by October and only took it out certain days when it warmed up. Sold it in February (for $150 more than i bought it) and began my search for a new bike. I have two friends with RR's, one with an '05 and one with an '06. I rode the '06, sat on the '05, and sat on a bunch of other bikes and decided that the 600RR was the bike for me after considering the '01-'03 f4i, gsx-r, r6, and the zx-6r.

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago from a local seller. 1454 miles for an '03. Modifications to the bike: shortened frame sliders, billet tech right-side case cover, FE kit, yellow/chrome opaque windshield (for sale - email rayja21@gmail.com for details), aftermarket dogbone lowing the rear of the bike about 1.5" (also for sale), and shortened aftermarket signals (front and rear). The sale came with a magnetic tank bag, new rear tire (old one was plugged), stock windshield, stock dogbone, and various nuts, bolts, and tools.

I rode this home from the seller's house. I love this bike. So far i've taken to a local shop for them to replace the rear tire and replace the oem dogbone. I think it rides much better now (i'm 6'1"). I haven't ventured into the 11k+ rpm range since i'm not quite used to this bike yet (only 110 miles on it).

on with the pics:

for those wondering, the owner did all the work himself (including the cutting of the plastic for his frame sliders - i was impressed).

Oh yeah, never really downed. Tipped over, cracked fairing which he bondo'd and repainted himself. I wouldn't have noticed if he didn't point it out.

These pics are also of the bike before the sale. Nothing has changed since these pics.

See you guys on the road and on the threads :beer:

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
TryumphRR said:
Nice bike - what did u pay?
$5800

i wanted to talk the seller down, but he was selling it for a relative's surgery. He could've been lying, but after meeting with the seller i doubt it - seemed very genuine.

I was searching for quite a while and bikes in the DC area go fairly quickly. This was the lowest mileage RR that i found. Mainly I'm pretty happy with the purchase :-D

#14 ·
SplatterThrash said:
i'm always amazed when i see bikes that are a few years old with hardly any miles on them. you bought your 03' RR with only 1400 miles on it? i put 1400 miles on my bike in 3 months!
yeah i was also amazed with the mileage. I'm just happy that it's broken in and everything appears to be functioning well. I'm probably going to put a lot of miles on this thing and eventually (read: a year or so) i'll probably put it on track. I just want to be able to really get to know the bike before i do so.

One of the funny parts with this is that i had a yellow/black teknic leather jacket i bought from newenough b/c it was cheap. i was selling it until i bought this bike. I didn't expect to have a yellow bike, but it worked out well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.