Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put in my levers today fro Vortex I really need a adjustable clutch lever because my hands are so small and I like the gold color from Vortex. All together and tighten it all up but there is like almost 1/4 or more of play. I know I need to adjust the clutch but how exactly do I do that? I put up some pics..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From where the 1/4 of a inch play is fully open it is a little less free flowing btw! That was another thing

·
Registered
158 Posts
umm I am saying there is a bunch of play in the lever is self. Not the clutch per say.
When you are on the bike their is 1/4" of play before you notice the pressure just before beginning to engage the clutch?

Like it is "dangling"? The freeplay has nothing to do with when you begin the process of engaging?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sitting on the bike i pull the clutch to me for a little more then 1/4 of a inch its loose before it gets tension. then when i let go i kinda have to push it back 1/4 of a inch because it doesnt have the tension to go back 1/4 of a inch. I will try and take a video later of what i am talking about

·
Registered
158 Posts
that sounds normal. I think there is a how to somewhere about lever adjustments. Not sure the measurement but you should have free play. Check out those threads and you may find it is normal. I have about the smae amount of free play. And there should be no need to push it back unless, it is staying engaged. Again, sounds normal to me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There is supposed to be a LITTLE bit of freeplay, not 1/4 of an inch. If the adjusters are out of space on the handlebar, you need to go to the "major" adjustor, where the cable comes right out of the clutch itself. You'll see nuts if you follow the cable out of the clutch. Let me know if you get it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I came to the point of asking people showing people and nothing... it just seems the cable is a bit too long for the vortex shorty levers so I don't anymore...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts