Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

im having a problem with my 06rr race bike.. im running a modified standard loom (all the vitals minus lights etc..) and ignition, with a pc3 usb.

i rode the bike yesterday for the first time, it ran sweet for 7laps, then developed a 'burble / started to miss', spluttering when open or closed throttle.. definately not a fuel problem, an electrical fault, as if something was shorting out.. mid 8th lap total loss of power, bike cut out and doesnt start.. expensive 8 laps!!

ive been through all the obvious stuff, removed the power commander and worked through all the honda checks..

when i try start it, fuel tank primes, dash starts up, relays click on.. Not getting a spark, ive tried different coils and plugs.. currently trying to get hold of another ecm as thats the only thing i cant test.. anyone near leeds???

if anyone can throw any ideas or info, please do. im stumped...

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
mine race bike did the same thing.
turned out to be a loose ground bolt on the wiring loom.
i had forgotten to loctite it when i cut all the excess wiring out of the loom and didnt get it tight enough to hold when i bolted it back in

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
No spark but fuel pump works. The harness for all the plugs is a sub harness and plugs into the main harness under the frame on the right side. Look there as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks, managed to sort it late last night..

i erased the ecm fault diagnostic memory and started fresh, turned out to be a fault with the crank position sensor that it originally wasnt displaying, so i replaced the sensor, problem sorted.

took a while to figure out, had 12v at the coils.. il do a few further tests with some equip at work tomorow n find out what caused the sensor to fail under load, hoping its just a dead unit..

just waiting for the hrc loom n ignition to arrive now :icon_lol:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts