Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In celebration of a great start yesterday... I started it again today. I have a 2003 honda cbr 600rr.... with a carbon jardine slip on. It was running fine after it warmed up yesterday, although it bogged for awhile. Today.. it bogged, but warmed up and idled good. About 2 hours later, I came back, and wanted to give it another go. I started it... IT was VERY rough, bogging, barely staying alive, then it just kills itself. I waited for a few minutes, tried one more time, then it backfired a mini fireball, then died. After that point, I was barely able to restart it, as it would die in the process. My airfilter looks good, I am unsure if there is carbon buildup? OR if my plugs are fouled? But can they really be fouled in a short time of 3 hours?

Any help is appreciated, and yes i know this is my second help thread in 2 days. :tard:

As of now, I am stumped, and dissapointed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey! Have ya tried turning the idle up???

Black knob by the gear selector shaft clipped on a coolant hose from the water pump (left side of bike).

Turn clockwise to increase rpm at idle.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah... ive considered the idle change. But i never went through with actually doing it. -thanks

And the rectifier thing... thats right. I didnt even think about that. :icon_lol: Isnt there a way to mod it to where it gets more airflow? I remember seeing that thread awhile back. Ill take a look later.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Isnt it pretty hard to get to the plugs? Is there any easy way to them? Im really hoping its just the rectifier getting hot. Although That would not really explain the way it is running VERY RICH. the last few times i started it, i could easily smell the gas out of my exhaust.
Ill read up more in my book about switching the pluggs.

thanks knight.

K

·
0 Posts
do you have an aftermarket exhaust system, or fuel management device? when was the last time you ran a FI Cleaner through your tank? if a sensor is low but out of range (such as the ECT sensor or IAT sensor) it will cause the fuel map in the ECU to rich out the mix. there's also a waxing device on the carbs. i'm still a little shaky as to what it does, but it acts like an automatic choke, so you may have a problem there as well.

and yes, the plugs can be a pain in the ass to get to. once you do it 2 or 3 times, it gets pretty darn easy.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I have a jardine carbon slip on for the 03/04. I did run seafoam, but that was 2 months ago, and I only rode it one day after i ran it, before it was under the knife again.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
sounds like you're not getting spark to one or more of your plugs. how many miles on the bike?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts