Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if some of you with photoshop can help me out. I'm toying with the idea of powdercoating the wheels gold. Could anyone help me out? Also could you do the front calipers gold and the engine covers black? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Heres black cover with Gold wheels..

and black cover with black wheels.

I was too lazy to match the caliper but i think that all balck and blue looks better

·
Registered
947 Posts
rendizzo said:
The gold looks gay. You might as well have Xzibit come pimp your ride.

I AGREE, STICK TO THE BLACK

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Toobs ----> that powdercoating on the case cover came out really good, what steps did you take to change to color? Did you do a color replace or selection?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rendizzo said:
The gold looks gay. You might as well have Xzibit come pimp your ride.
Doesn't look like Xzibit is getting ahold of my bike. Going to stay with the black wheels, but when the cash comes I'll have to get the engine covers coated.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Io-Bot said:
Toobs ----> that powdercoating on the case cover came out really good, what steps did you take to change to color? Did you do a color replace or selection?
i found a really good way to powder coat via Photoshop

Step 1: cut it out with w/e tool u want.. i use the polygonal lasso tool.
Step 2: Copy it- Layer via copy, not cut.. this way you can pushe eye button and see what its like with / or without it.
Step 3: Double click it and do a satin overlay-
Set to this-
Blend mode- Mulitply
Opacity 60
Distance-1
Size- w/e .. about 50?
and i use curved slant line..

As long as distance is 1, and size is above like 30 its good... the opacity will decide its darkness..

After you set it good you can toggle it on or off to see how it looks

Cheers! :beer:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts