Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, sorry if I am asking a dumb question, but I am getting kind of paranoid.

It seems I have a new problem. The handlebars on my bike are very easily moved. I have no steering damper on it, and there is nothing wrong with the triple tree.

My friend works at the Honda dealer servicing bikes and he said there is no problem.

But, it feels too easy to move the handle left and right. I also don't notice any visible problems, and I could be very paranoid.

Any feedbacks will be aprreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
you mean when you're sitting still, not riding, you can grab the handlebars and turn them a bit without turning the wheel?

or are you rolling?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pantablo said:
you mean when you're sitting still, not riding, you can grab the handlebars and turn them a bit without turning the wheel?

or are you rolling?
No, when I turn the handlebars, the wheels will move too. When I compare to my friend's bike (same 600rr), the handlebars move really easily. He also doens't have a damper

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
sounds like the bike is more twitchy than you're used to. if yours and your buddy's bikes are same year, same mileage, and they have/havent been abused about the same then yeah, they should feel the same. but over the life of the bike I imagine there are all sorts of things that could change that feel. I dont know for sure though. its also possible that his head bearings are tighter than yours.
I dont actually see a problem with your situation though. One thing to try though is to grab the front brake then push and pull on the handlebars to see if you feel or hear a clicking or any movement from the steering head bearings. could be yours are loose. or it could be the bike is just more sensitive than you're used to.

I'm just throwing out some guesses...
p-

·
Hooked on Phonics
2,826 Posts
think you just might be paranoid, if your friend works at a honda dealer and he says it fine then it probably is i hope he is a machanic though if not see if he can have a mechanic friend that works at the dealer with him check it out

·
Registered
767 Posts
dont worry man....bust a couple 12o clocks smash the back brake and she'll be harder
to turn after a while trust me,....

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've noticed that tires make a difference with this as well. When you have new tires, the handlebars turn much easier, probably just from less of a contact patch on the ground when the bike is standing up straight.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ya, i have an 05 bike, and he has the 06. We have about the same mileage, but he doesn't like to go riding on the twisities as much as I do. Maybe I am a bit TOOOOO paranoid. What can i say, I love my bike!

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
RRmematy said:
dont worry man....bust a couple 12o clocks smash the back brake and she'll be harder
to turn after a while trust me,....
+1 for smartest advice ever given on this board.

Go back to your little stunt cave. haha

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
RelfF2 said:
+1, actually, the air pressure in the tires affects this a bunch. do the bearing check that was mentioned...other wise everything is cool.
+2 thats what I'd check if it felt that way..

·
Registered
757 Posts
+3 on air pressure between the bikes a new tire that is still very round would b easier as someone already stated also type of tire, and also the type of surface the tire is on would play a roll. i really can't think of ne thing else simple unless somethin is changed like front geometry or stem nut is loose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts