Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have loved this bike since the day it come out, and I cannot believe that I actually own it. Its an 03 with 3400 miles that is in excellent shape, the previous owner took really good care of it. I had about an hour ride home on it and I fell in love with it even more. Words cannot express how happy I am, I feel like I could write a poem just about the ride home on this thing. I have been reading about tires on this site and noticed mine has the Bridgestone BT012's which I hope are a good tire. I am 6'2" 205 lbs can anyone point me in the right direction to setting up my suspention correctly?

Thanks for all the help in advance!! Alex

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
It depends on the type of riding youre gonna do, but im sure someone here will give you the general set up. Congrats!!!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
I know the feeling and I bet a lot of other guys here do as well..........riding one of these bikes is an ethereal experience. ( I kind of like definiton 4 below myself )
ETHEREAL DEFINITION:
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
adj.
1.Characterized by lightness and insubstantiality; intangible.
2.Highly refined; delicate. See Synonyms at airy.
3.Of the celestial spheres; heavenly.
4.Not of this world; spiritual.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats and welcome.....the forum is going to suck you in, welcome to that too!!!!
Also, start modding that bike, I am a proud owner of a Yellow too, make me proud!

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Okay, I was feeling you on this one until the poem idea came about! LOL I like the yellow, it is an awesome looking color on the RR. That bike looks perfect and the mileage is incredibly low too. Nice find, welcome to the best RR site on the web.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Wow. The bike looks to be in great unmolested shape.

Congrats on the bike man. Feels dang good getting a nice ride huh???

Oh and i LLLOVVVVVVEEE Bstone tires. They will be a great tire.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies guys. I paid 5500 for the bike which I hope was a good deal. I looked all over for along time but rarely saw one under 6 grand.
There are a few things that I want to get for it and I was thinking a dampner would be first. Has anyone been to Cornerspeed school at VIR? I am planning on signing up for a course or 2

·
Registered
893 Posts
alex, to answer your question, the yellow 2nd fastest, with red/black edging it out!

sounds like you got a helluva deal on that thing too.. is this your first bike? if not what you come from? because you sound somewhat knowledgable about the thing. enjoy have fun

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
clean looking bike, congrat's.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
TippinRR said:
alex, to answer your question, the yellow 2nd fastest, with red/black edging it out!

sounds like you got a helluva deal on that thing too.. is this your first bike? if not what you come from? because you sound somewhat knowledgable about the thing. enjoy have fun
Its not my first, I started on a Ninja 250 years ago and then went to a F2 for a while. I haven't had a bike for about 2 years and I was miserable without one. I have always been a fan of Honda even back in my dirt riding days, and when I saw the new RR's back in 03, I just new it was a matter of time before I would have to get one. It just took me a couple of years to find the right one I guess.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts