Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As if it werent tricky enough to make sure the oem seat cowls are properly latched, I've got a powercommander thrown into the mix, that you gotta push down extra hard. So I was goin on a ride, get gas, take my reflective vest off and stick it in my trunk, and close it...im in a hurry cause im with other people and hate to be the one that gets waited on. So we head out and do our usuall ******** of little wheelies off stop lights and popping them up here and there. I come down from one and I feel something wierd hit my back. I reach back to grab it, and just as I get a hold on it it catches the wind and tries to get away. I pulled it around front and put it against my chest and held it with my chin while i pulled to the side and put it back on. That would have sucked to lose, but thankfully I got it in the nick of time. [crank yankers]yayyyyyyyy![/crank yankers]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
That happened to me Friday night. I was on the freeway and I was going about 75 and I feel something like lay close to my back and i reach back and there is my cowl. I would've been pissed!! I just got it 2 days prior.

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder why it goes to the back before flying off. I'm no physicist, but maybe the air going around you creates a small vaccuum right behind you that sucks it in since you're blocking the air?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I was thinking the exact same thing. It's like the Nascar Drafting thing.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Haha you guys are hilarious! It moves towards your back because when you put it on,you have to slide the hook attached to the seat cowl under the piece attached to the bike and for it to come off,it HAS to move forward befor it can disappear on you.Notice when you put it on,you don't just drop it straight on,but rather you sort of slid it backwards..It's the opposite to come off.LOLOLOL

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Yeah but when I was on the freeway, it was pressing up on me, not just laying there...

How are you feeling RHINO?

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
CALIDUDE said:
Yeah but when I was on the freeway, it was pressing up on me, not just laying there...

How are you feeling RHINO?
Yea I guess the fact that you were moving a good speed should keep it from pressing up against your back with any force..You got me stumped.lol

Feeling much better.Just some pain in the lower back,left ribs and right index finger still..Thanks for asking,CALIDUDE.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It's not just Honda's,though.I've seen my buddy's cowl almost fly off of his 04 ZX-6R on a few occasions.Not that it would matter,though,since he's dropped it right out of his hands a few times.Damn buttafingaz.lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, I remember writing about that a month ago or so... nice save.

I am thinking of using a bungie tyoe strap (shockcord) inside the cowl. If it falls off, it would just hang off to the side until I could get stopped.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Does everyone use the washers that come with tht cowl? Does it make it wiggle less?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts