Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am going to be hauling my bike in the back of my truck from jville, nc to starkville, ms soon, which is about a 12 hour trip. i have never hauled my bike that far. i have four ratchet type straps but was wondering what else would be a good idea to have for such a long trip. i plan on stopping at least every two hours to check the straps but i am still a little iffy about the ratchet straps ( i had a few snap open on my old f4i. would the pull straps be a better choice for a long trip?? the longest i have hauled a bike is from myrtle beach which is only a 2 hour trip. thanks guys

·
Registered
696 Posts
get the deal that goes across the handle bars and is fuzzy in the middle around the tank area. Your ratchet straps will connect to this that way the straps you have won't whip against the paint on the fairings. Sorry can't remember the name of them.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I would think the ratchet straps would work fine. Do you have the short loop straps to fit on your clip-ons. I normally just use 2 straps, 1 on each clip-on to the front corners of the pick-up box.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Look for a Canyon Dancer, that's the strap that goes from grip to grip with the fuzzy bit in the middle as mentioned above^^^. Best $25 i have spent on this new honda so far, no more paint missing from your uppers where the strap rubs!!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
canyon dancer!!! thats what its called!! thanks i couldnt think of it for the life of me. thanks!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes get a canyon dancer. I just traveled 5000 miles with 2 bikes in the back of a trailer with those on and they didn't move an inch.
Troy

·
Registered
587 Posts
jetcycles said:
Look for a Canyon Dancer, that's the strap that goes from grip to grip with the fuzzy bit in the middle as mentioned above^^^. Best $25 i have spent on this new honda so far, no more paint missing from your uppers where the strap rubs!!!
Canyon Dancer....ratchet straps will mess up yo $hit!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ratchet straps are much more reliable than pull straps provided they are in good shape. They work great with a canyon dancer. Make sure you strap the back down as well. The passenger pegs make a good tie down point in the rear.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I've been using ratchet straps without any problems. I had a canyondancer but I didn't like it so I went and got the ones you wrap around the grips and used ratchet straps to pull it tight. Survived a 14 hour ride. Only thing I worry about is pulling the front down to low and screwing up the forks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I bought some soft ties instead of canyon dancers, from what im told the dancers can mess up your grips... you can kind of see them in this first pic, they wrap around the top of your handle bar then you can use a ratchet strap on each handle bar pulling against each other... in the back i just went over the seat to compress the rear suspension alittle bit (not too much)... i took the trip from florida to jersey and back and barley checked them at gas stops and they were fine... try to buy the more heavy duty ratchet straps and make sure they are locked, if not they will let out slack and could sratch your bike up...or worse... as long as you have at least two straps pulling against the handle bars pretty tight you should definetly be fine bro.

·
Registered
151 Posts
+1 on canyon dancer and rachet straps... just don't rachet your suspension all the way down... i also throw a couple of straps on the back as well... the hooks on my straps fit nicely into the frame of the back near the rear of the bike... i used the rear pegs several times as well, although i dont have rear pegs on anymore...

i haul my bike to the track each track weekend and have never had any issues...

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
I just got a cayon dancer but still need to by some ratchet straps. Anyone know a good place to buy ANCRA straps? Looking for a good price on the ratchet ones, I think it is called the "rat pack" or something.

Jason

1 - 16 of 16 Posts