Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I started my bike for the first time in like 4 days and it would not start. After checking to see if I've had checked everything, I rolled on the throttle to give it some gas then it finally started and everything was fine. I went for a ride and made a couple of stops but it time the bike started up just fine. Any know a possible reason that could have been the problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Perhaps your injectors were clogged... I've had the same problem with my '05, so it's not uncommon, I guess. I use it daily to go to university, so mostly it's in good shape, but when I don't run it for a while stuff like this happens. Don't think it's anything to worry about.

Cheers,
Neel

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Happens to me every once in a while (maybe like once every 6 months), or if I let it sit for a while in the winter. Also happens Every once in a while after I wash it, but thats only if I don't let it run for a minute after the wash. Even then, its not all the time.

I just rock the throttle a bit while holding down the starter and it fires up after 5-10 seconds.

I wouldn't worry about it unless it starts to happen more often, or the bike starts to jerk or act like its not getting gas when you're actually riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts