Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been looking for an exhaust that is not expensive but is loud and sounds pretty good. I currently have a dual outlet micron with the baffles out. I have been looking at the Delkevic carbon and was just wondering how loud they compare. If the micron is considered loud or the Delkevic, and which one is louder. And also if you guys have any other suggestions that would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
And also if you guys have any other suggestions that would be great. Thanks!
My suggestion is to not look for an exhaust on it being the cheapest and loudest but instead on the one that works, sounds and is constructed the best.

Your call, however.

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you solely want something loud, go buy a muffler tip from the autoshop or muffler shop.

Toce is very loud. Probably one of the loudest.

2 brothers give you loudness and performance.

I prefer the sound of my yoshimura. That's my preference. Really screams in high rpms.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I currently have a Hot Bodies Slip-On. From experience, I can only compare it to a Yoshimura Slip-On. The hot bodies is 2-3times louder than the yoshimura at idle with a much deeper tone throughout the rev range. At higher rpms, the hot bodies sounds raspy. On the other hand at higher rpms, like Parkerr mentioned, the yoshimura screams like a buzzing bee.

I prefer the hot bodies slip-on. Not because it is louder, but rather because it has a much deeper tone and I personally enjoy the raspiness.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Here's a video of a few (4) different exhausts and their respective sounds. We will be having a part 2 coming out real soon which will include even more exhausts and other comparisons.

·
Registered
336 Posts
The TOCE is probably the loudest of them all. I have ridden a CBR with one on it and to me it was nice, but too loud for my liking; it had a grumble to it that I just did not like too.

The bike I just bought came with a full Yoshimura RS-5 and I really like the way it sounds. I love the way the Akrapovic looks, but I have never heard one to compare.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Loudness really isn't everything. I mean it sounds cool on videos and you would think it sounds cool to everyone else on the road around you. It doesn't. Really gets annoying for the rider and for everyone else around you

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think my "custom" exhaust sounds quite nice albeit a bit too loud. I welded a cherry bomb in place of the stock box and welded the stock tip to the end of the cherry bomb to keep back-pressure. I'm actually looking for something a bit quieter because I don't like being "that guy." It's not nearly as loud as a straight pipe, and the stock tip actually cuts down a lot on the noise, but it's still annoying at 70mph on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts