Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
It's called a garage, not leaveing your bike anywhere ur not and full coverage insurance. Bikes are easy to just lift up and throw in to the back of a van or truck. Chains and cables don't do much. Lojack if activated early might help but if the bike is going to be stripped it will be found.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Garages... I have known alot of people who have gotten bikes stolen out of garages, even with locks, dogs and other stuff. Get Sniper! one shot will get the message across...

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
NewRedRider said:
Only the european models have a HISS system. (Honda Ignition Security System)
It would be nice if we could get that over here. It brings up a good point. Does anyone think the manufacturers could do more to stop bike theft?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
they could stop people from hot wireing if they copied BMW 1st with a laser cut key then since 95 they had a chip in the key that tells something called a EWS which reads the code and matches it with the computer all faster than you can blink your eye.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
600RRyder1 said:
It would be nice if we could get that over here. It brings up a good point. Does anyone think the manufacturers could do more to stop bike theft?
How do the manufacturers stop 2 guys from picking your bike up and throwing it in a van? I don't know how they can address the largest portion of bike thefts. I could be wrong but hotwiring a bike is not how the pros steal your bike. That's kids wanting a joy ride.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts