Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know about you guys but I'm disappointed... Just a rip off of everybody elses design. Come on Honda!! Supposed to be ahead of the game here!! I officially feel like one of the sheep now.
What a waste of an evening. I'm going to bed.
:dontknow:

·
Registered
344 Posts
I like it.... but i like the style of the 05/06 better

·
Registered
503 Posts
Naturally you can't expect honda to do every possible thing we wanted. We got so caught up in it though some people are starting to feel reality. Give it a day.

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I look at the 07' it's looking like an R6? Is that what you're pretty much saying?

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
hahaha
ive been saying this all along mang...Honda will dissappoint
and alot of peeps are gonna be hurt and sad! hahaha

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I for one like the new look. I liked the way the gsxrs looked anyways. Regardless of how it looks, the specs are sounding pretty good. I didnt buy mine for looks, even though it is sexy. I bought it for its reliability, quality, and stability. It sounds like the new one is gonna blow everything else out of the water. I'm buying one and giving mine to my wife, but next year. I'll wait till they get all the bugs worked out and consumer feedback and fix the color combinations.

although i do have to agree with everyone else regarding the taillight. I'm sure there is a good reason for it, maybe to make changing out bulbs easier? Or some legal reason regarding f/e's?

you know what they say, "you can please some of the people all the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time."

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I think u guys are victims of your own hype. I bet if no one said **** that u wouldn't have had such "dissapointment" as u call it. Really its not, considering honda gave u everything u have wanted and a bag of chips spec wise, I don't care how it works, its a honda and even it looked like a turd and performed like a fighter jet I would still buy it. As far as I can say; were do I sign up when I get back from korea.

·
Super Mod Wanna-be
3,168 Posts
I was dissapointed at first and all the colors are totally FUBAR'd but I really freakin' like the white color. It's the only one that doesn't looke bastardised.

I need to look more into the specs though. Havn't read it yet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
They sure didn't list many specs in the video :tomato:

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Even as I look at it, I believe it's a little too Gixxer, a little too R6-ish. But then again, I think I'm only disappointed not because of how it looks as I am that Honda didn't come out with it FIRST. You know what I mean? I don't want to think that Honda copied some aspect of another bike.

Once I get past that, then I begin to realize, "You know what? Honda HAD to do this because these design elements have function."

Less fairing or fairing design can save weight, can direct airflow better, keeping the bike cooler. How many threads in this forum alone have we complained about our bikes running too hot? Instead of adding a larger (heavier) radiator, why not suffocate the airspace LESS by removing some fairing and making it more aerodynamic?

Looking at the ram-air system on the nose. We can say it's R6-ish. Or, we can say, RC51-ish. We can say, wow, finally, an air intake system that allows the bike to breathe better, rather than the two slits under the nose that probably suffocated the bike!

I look at the new bike as tasteful. I hate the look of the Gixxer. I don't like the ANT head of the R6. To me, this looks like an evolution of my bike. Everything that makes my RR cool taken to the next level of design and FUNCTION.

The more I look at it, the more I love it. The more I want it. The more I want to be the first to have it. The more I want to roll up to my buddies and say, "Hey mang, check this out!" I'm excited about the drastic weight reduction, the high redline, the more power, the power:weight ratio, the slick new design and the BRAND SPANKING new chassis/engine design. Dang! If that don't get you excited, go check your pulse...

Then I realize, a lot of the disappointment is probably jealousy/envy. Or maybe it's not wanting to believe that the RR I have now is obsolete. That there's a new RR in town. Make subtle changes so I don't feel so bad. Make sweeping changes and I'll hang you out to dry. I think this is the coolest bike on earth. And come time for the next 600 showdown, Honda will reign king again.

Then, we will applaude it. It won't be so anticlimactic. It'll be a chest-thumping victory.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Mongoose said:
This happens when all new models are released.... People hate it for alittle while because they love thier old model so much and change is bad. Give it a few weeks and you'll have your 07 on order. haha
ha i hope thats not the case..or else ill lose lots of money...i gotta admit though, that white is super sexy

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
it does...then i remember "oh yeah it was designed after the rc211v...sweet!"

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
I like the taillight on the mud flap. Means I can take the whole light assembly off when I want to track the bike. Maybe fashion some sort of quick release adapter. How sweet would that be?!? I love this bike. If I didn't just buy a new car...

·
Registered
1,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
How do I post pics??? I use to do
and it would show up...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts