Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an 08 cbr600rr in october of last year and was replacing some of the plastics and pulled the antifreeze cap and noticed some shiny metal stuff in the coolant. It almost looked like it was part of the antifreeze but im really not sure. any opinion would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I think I know what you're talking about. it's probably nothing to worry about. a picture would be nice, but if you really think it needs to be changed just swap out the coolant and make sure to use distilled water. chances are if the bike is running fine and not getting too hot, you probably have nothing to worry about. sometimes the coolant likes to separate from the water when it's not circulating or has been sitting for a while anyways.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the bike runs perfect and has no overheating problems. once it reaches operating temp it stays there. the bike was sitting for a few weeks but i rode it the day before i noticed this. It really almost looks like glitter in the antifreeze.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I noticed the same thing the first time I changed my coolant. It is normal.

Prob just shavings from engine break in or from machining in the factory

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the answers. I hope its normal. I Guess im just gonna change it and hope for the best.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts