Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it still look decent? So I painted my bike all white with a black design on the tail section...let it dry and cure and all that...without realizing the clear coat needed to be applied within a certain time frame. Its a rattle can paint job (duplicolor if I remember right). Now if I apply the clear, its just gonna peel the paint up. Anyone have good results without clearing their bike?

·
Registered
639 Posts
rattle can shouldn't need a clear coat, the clear coat needed in a certain time frame applies mainly to paints that are dual stage with a base coat (the color) and a clear coat.

you should be fine with out clear coat, and honestly it shouldn't make much of a difference if you do apply the clear coat now. it just might not stick as well.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i rattlecanned krylon matte blk bbq paint my heat shield & used tremclad matte blk enamel on my rearsets, handlebars, and footpegs.
No clear coats on any of them.

Yes, they scuff and rub off kinda easy, but I didnt hard-core sand it down like I should have, but this time around I will be doin that.

They look pretty good and its always a quick&easy fix. IMO

Just make sure you try not to rub your jkt or anything semi abrasive against the part you painted..
I got a dirty black spot on the back of my wht jkt...
good thing i always ride with a pack.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good to hear I guess. Im not gonna clear coat it now. I just got done putting it all back together. I was told by a guy that I asked to clear it that if he applied an automotive clear to it it would peel the paint right up. I believed him...he sounded legit. Said he didnt want to mess up my paint just to try to clear it. So thats that. No clear and Ill just touch it up with paint when I need to. Thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts