Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So believe it or not, I do have to work, might not seem like it as much as I"m online here. But I do engineering work, mainly CAD design. We use a 3D package called Solidworks. Its a pretty good package, I prefer Pro-E, but for what we do, it works well. But today it has got me pissed off . I"m trying to finish up this job I'm working on. Its one Assembly file, but it has about a dozen configurations. Well everything was great, then I had to start making changes and normally, this is where you will get your problems. Its pretty much expected, its also where it will really test your knowledge of the software. I"ve got mate errors that are screwed up between configs...etc etc.

You guys that use 3D can understand what I'm saying. Basically I've got an assembly file with 13 configurations, about 140 parts in each, and who knows how many friggin mates. I"ve been fighting this damn thing all morning

rant over....

:pain10:

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
modeling up something in 3D is cake...putting together a 150 parts and making them all work together right...that's more difficult.

hard to explain.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHere do you work Ceph?? I do R and D as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts