Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a noob here but, definitely ran a search before asking.

Some of the searches I ran were:

05 vs 06
changes to 06
differences of 05 and 06
etc.

I even googled it and nothing.

So before the flamers got on me, I wanted to show that I did run a search.

Maybe there weren't any changes at all but just wanted to get a confirmation.

Please post even if its the smallest thing that changed, thanks.

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
google told the truth. lol

only changes are color and maybe seat (some peeps claim 06 seat is softer). i say softer my ass...i think theyre the same feel. lmao.

ohh and the 05-06 all black is the fastest.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great, I thought so, but I would figure somebody would have asked it in the past couple of years haha.

Comfortable seats? For what, you should be hanging off half the time anyways haha.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
same bikes...it goes like this: 03-04, 05-06, 07-08...each generation is different

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL. i like your mentality. hahahaha. youre cool me with now. lmfao.
Awesome, if I had myspace I'll totally add you right now :icon_lol:

O btw, I am looking for a black 06, so i will have to agree with you that its probably the fastest color lol

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another related question....

My biggest grunt for the RR is the narrow gas tank, I come from an R6 where the gas tank is a bit wider and to me, a little more comfortable for hanging off and what not.

On the 03-04 years, is the gas tank any different in size? I've also compared the two generations and know that there were cosmetic changes, but I don't notice any! :lol can somebody point it out for me.

Finally, how important would you say the inverted forks are? The main reason why I am looking for an 05-06 is for the inverted forks, but since its becoming a PITA to find one at a price where I can just buy a brand new one, i'm thinking to settle for the 04....

Advice please......

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Niner thats all that I want to confirm. Since I will be concentrating more on tracks, I think i'll try and hold out for an 05-06.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts