Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am dropping the engine to repair something on the top end.

I do not want to build a full out race engine.
I just want to know if there are any simple mods I should make while the engine is out.
Smog block offs or something like that.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Yeah, PAIR removal and plates. You can get to the spark plugs real easy, even if it's not time yet, well, you can do it now anyway. Since the throttle bodies are off the engine (assuming they are) you can attach and route new cables (OEM or a whole new quick throttle)... that's all I can think of.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Put a fuckin turbo on it.

But no really, the PAIR system, and new plugs if you want... Otherwise that's about it. You could power wash it too and clean it all up nice and pretty.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I always thought about getting bigger pistons, changing the rods, getting new cams. It proably be fuckn overkill but that be a bad ass motor lol.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
So what would stock 09+ pistons do? I always thought that's probably what helps them get better midrange and maybe a little better top once you bypass the electrical restrictions....Z Bomb

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
The Z-Bomb doesn't give power, it restores power lost as the 09 ECU turns down power in top of the range to meet EURO5 sound/emissions (I believe). That's why the 07-08 gain nothing/aren't used with the Z-Bomb.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Correct. I guess I didn't word that good enough.

I think you know what I mean about the pistons.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Oh, my bad. I've never heard of any named, specific difference in the internals but their could be changes - but splitting the cases and doing surgery gets so costly so fast you'd be much better off doing the stuff from the HRC power up kit instead.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Lots of easy upgrades. Question is how much you want to spend? Cams are easy. Sending the head out for porting is easy. Thinner head gasket for more compression, or shave the head while its getting ported. None of this is cheap usually.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Oh, my bad. I've never heard of any named, specific difference in the internals but their could be changes - but splitting the cases and doing surgery gets so costly so fast you'd be much better off doing the stuff from the HRC power up kit instead.
From what I understand the piston tops are shaped differently.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lots of easy upgrades. Question is how much you want to spend? Cams are easy. Sending the head out for porting is easy. Thinner head gasket for more compression, or shave the head while its getting ported. None of this is cheap usually.

I am fixing this bike up to sell so cheap and easy mods.

What is Pair?

Any links to a how -to?

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
just slot the sprockets & advance the cams to give a bit more midrange, i did some work in my motor & got a decent gain but now i'm taking it to the next level & building a superbike spec 600cc engine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts