Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been stupid hot in my area lately, like 110F consistently. The weathers expected to carry on like this for a while as well so I thought now's a good time to do a coolant flush also that it's time in terms of miles.

I bought some Royal Purple Purple Ice too just to add and see if it helps but wanted to get all your opinions too.
Water Wetter was sold out so I figured I'd get the Purple Ice. My area also has 0% chance of hitting freezing temps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water wetter 4 life
I wanted to go with water wetter because it doesn't require a 50/50 coolant. Albeit this one doesn't either but it says youll need "straight water" because you need minerals otherwise it can damage your aluminum radiator. But "straight water" is so vague that I won't have piece of mind unless I use a 50/50 coolant. I originally thought it required distilled water like most things radiator related.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Distilled water only....

I tried Water Wetter and could not see any diffidence in temperature or performance.

Engine Ice was a noticeable improvement and it has -26°F freeze protection for most climates. It also comes premixed with deionized water.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Distilled water only....

I tried Water Wetter and could not see any diffidence in temperature or performance.

Engine Ice was a noticeable improvement and it has -26°F freeze protection for most climates. It also comes premixed with deionized water.

Distilled water only for water wetter but not the Royal Purple Purple Ice one.
If you call them up theyll tell you that the Purple Ice needs the minerals from the straight water otherwise it will go looking for it in the aluminum radiator and cause micro pin holes in the metal.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I looked up the label directions for Purple Ice and you are correct. It also has no freeze protection. I know you're not worried about that in your area but for me I see no reason to prefer PI over Engine Ice. Plus EI is approved for track days. So there's no changing fluids just to do a track day.

I've had this bike in Florida and Alabama is while life. So it's been will tested in some extremely hot rides.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts