Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a good deal on a 07 speedo cluster and everything works except the blinkers. I have an 06. Any ideas?

Do you have to have all 4 blinkers hooked up with resistors wired in (I have LED's). I know its getting power because when I hook up the original speedo they come on...they just dont work right because the cluster is internally wack.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Explain how do they not work right ?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when hooked up they dont blink ( just a solid light ) unless I create a short. After I turn the bike off they go back to solid light instead of blinking.

when I hook up the 07 speedo cluster, nothing happens with the blinkers.

Is there an external module I just install so I dont have to run through the speedo cluster?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Its not a cluster issue its a turn signal issue explain to me how are the resistors connected ?
Cause i bet you they are not hooked up right you can even get rid of them stupid resistors
all together and make them work normal how ??? check out this thread
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=52311

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried with or without the resisters and nothing happens with the new cluster. It did the same thing without the resistors. I am guessing something is different from the 06 and 07 only with the blinkers.

I just read that in Texas you dont have to have blinkers so I think I may just go without.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Have hooked up 03-04-05-06-07-08 clusters to my bike. 04. Everything works year to year. It's your signals. Something is hooked up wrong. Resistors are not big enough or not shorting between positive and negative for the signal. T

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tripage...do you have resistors on all your turn signals?

Also...there are 3 wires for the signals...positive ground and what is the other one used for? Maybe I just have all the led's wired wrong...can someone show me a wiring diagram?

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Turn signal wire right side
green =ground
solid blue = turn signal wire
Blue with white stripe =running light wire
left side is the same but the wire is orange & not blue

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Turn signal wire right side
green =ground
solid blue = turn signal wire
Blue with white stripe =running light wire
left side is the same but the wire is orange & not blue

Two resistors. One for each signal in the rear. 20watt 10 ohm for each side. T

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
could I have a faulty cluster because with or without the resistors on my old cluster...I can at least get a solid blinker light. with my 07 cluster...not a thing will make the blinkers come on. Any way to test the cluster? Everything else on the cluster works. (gas, tach, temp, time, speed)

·
Registered
112 Posts
exactly what said above. If you don't have enough resistance, they will be a solid light and not blink. You can go to radio shack and get a resistor (the resistor will go on the ground wire). I forget what ohm resistance you will need. If the person at shack knows anything, they will be able to point you in the right direction

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
installed the resistors today and the blinkers work. Put on the new cluster and NOTHING. Is there something inside the cluster that could have went out? I dont think there are any other options other then the cluster being out messed up

K

·
0 Posts
the turn signal relay is integrated into the dash. if that's broken, then a new dash is required.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts