Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I went we had one gal let the clutch out....panic...and went off into the bushes and lowsided doing about 15MPH. :crackup: We all ran over and picked her up.......I would say a 1/3 of the class flunked out.

Whats your memories of the course and your rider test? Did you fail the first time? any good stories to share?

·
Registered
132 Posts
LOL I heard a story like that too when I was taking it. I thought it was a blast cause the first time I ever road a bike was at the field course they have. After a while the instructions got really confusing and it was just me and 3 other dudes. LOL funny thing is whenever I asked them what we were doing they all responded Dont know. I think its almost impossible to fail right? well guess not cause some people still manage lol

·
Registered
499 Posts
Some girl in my MSF class dropped the bike at a stand still at the VERY beginning of the riding portion, QQ'd and went home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We were just getting ready for the "U-turn box" portion of the final test. The instructor explained that this isn't necessarily a life saving skill, but an embarrassment saving skill because no one wants to lay their bike down in front of a bunch of people while doing a U-turn. He then pointed to the first girl in line and said go ahead. She had the clutch pulled in and rev'd the eff out of the little Shadow she was on. Then she must've panicked and dumped the clutch. She shot out of the starting point and crashed going probably 15-20 mph. she did a nice bounce and roll off of the bike. We all made sure she was okay, then had a good laugh.

I think its impossible to fail the course. Everyone passed, including the people that laid down bikes. Its kinda scary to think those people are out there on two wheels.

The course was fun though. They gave my buddy and I (we have both been riding for years, but decided to take the course) Suzuki enduro bikes (i forget the models). It was nice to get on a bike that felt like a toy and to be able to drive it like we were trying to break it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
No crashes or drops in my MSF, but I remember one guy. He was probably in his early 60's. He was a nice guy, but just wasn't getting the controls or riding. If he wasn't stalling, he was veering way off course. Anyway, his deciding moment came when we all parked the bikes for a lunch break. He was the last one in line to park, and the instructors knew he had difficulty, so one instructor was standing in front of him, walking him through the shut down process. The rider either missed or forgot neutral, then let go of the clutch. Problem was, he didn't close the throttle. Poor guy went for a little ride. He was thrown back by the sudden movement, hands completely off the bars and feet coming off the ground. Somehow, the instructor standing a few feet in front of him caught the bike and also kept him from falling off too. Good save, that's for sure. The guy ended up bowing out just before the final test...

·
Registered
352 Posts
Had one girl who popped the clutch and instead of pulling it back in or letting the bike stall, she grabbed a handful of throttle :dontknow:. Luckily an instructor was right beside her and was able to grab the bars, however he had to run w/ the bike for a few steps before he could slap the kill switch. Down went instructor, bike, and girl. It was a good show. :happy:

BTW, She passed the course.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I was waiting for the figure eight, and was not looking at the guy ahead of me. I am still waiting...... finally look over and his Ninja is laying on top of him. He passed.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
BRC nothing happened. Most everyone passed. Most had been riding bikes for a while.

MSRC again othing exciting. Just a bunch of military riders who had to take it. Pretty fun class, but too bad no exciting stories.

·
Registered
343 Posts
there was a girl in my class that went to do the quick stop. she stopped but never let got of the throttle turned into a mini burnout. every one was waiting for her to panic and let go of the brake.

she passed...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dammit! Where are all these female riders? Can I get one some where? You'd think with the way these stories are going every other rider would be female. And be very crappy to ride with!

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
a guy lowsided his bike and broke a rear set. he had to goto the suzuki dealer and get another one. He barely passed. Another girl stoppied her bike then fell over when the back wheel hit the ground.

·
Registered
485 Posts
A hig side on the quick stop from some guy!
And the same guy got to happy in line and ran into the back of someone before we even started the second day. and a different guy lowsided in one of the leaning exercises. not to mention my favorite memory was it was in the 40's and raining outside my first day lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
when they asked everybody exp. level on guy said he had been racing for a few years and never had a bike on the street. he was all geared up with just about everything joe rocket makes. his mirror was held on by duck tape because he said his (friend) had dropped his bike. the instructors gave him so much **** cause he kept messing up on everything he even dropped the bike once. he passed and asked me if i wanted to go riding as soon as we were done with the class.

i passed on the offer lol

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I wast the first to do the figure 8 inside the box.... well i ended up doing a figure 8 and a half then exited... they said theyve never seen it before but i did do the 8, so i passed with 100%

·
Registered
90 Posts
How are some of these people laying the bikes down and passing lol. My class wasnt that lenient. Worse thing that happened in mine was a girl went off the parking lot and crashed in the grass. After that she quit the class.

·
Registered
821 Posts
I saw an AMAZINGLY high stoppie on the emergency stop portion of the test. The guy stuck both legs way out (unintentionally), and managed to get the back wheel on the ground.

Didn't drop the bike!

He failed that attempt. but he passed the test.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts