Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So i bought this bike used from a member on the board. Was curious what tail light this is... Is this tripage's old one?

Pic of the inside where its cut and i guess siliconed?

Pic of what the turn light does

Pic of what the cut looks like below

Reason i ask all this is a buddy of mine went on a ride with me the other day and said he could barely tell when i was braking. i guess from a downward angle it doesn't show up very well. Would Tripages new taillight make a difference?

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
247 Posts
looks like the Tripage old one. I have the same on my bike and its hard to see due to the exhaust. If you shorten the exhaust in inch or two it will fix that problem.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
i know a friend of mine has an Int. Taillight, its hard to see aswell.. leds arnt as bright as halogen bulbs man

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm im gonna have to look again but it seemed to me the reason was due to the light not being very tall... so not enough surface area visible?

Whats the difference between this one and trippages new one? is it only that the blinkers do special things besides blinking?

·
Registered
539 Posts
That doesnt look like a 'IT' from Tripage...

Looks more like a modified clear alternatives tail light. Reason I say so is because the 'IT' from Tripage does not have those bolts on them that go into those makeshift brackets... Tripage's product is a perfect fit... I dont think even the old version that you speak of is like that (^what you posted).

I could be wrong, but I dont think I am :S

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Those are our brackets from the 03-06 taillight install. Taillight looks like a clear alternatives light.

Our IT light is a perfect fit, no gluing in place, no brackets no bulging of the sides. The seat will go on just like stock. Has different signals and brake patterns to choose from.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tripage would the new IT even work now that this one has been cut and modified?

·
Vendor
14,330 Posts
Video shows what will need to be done to get the shape back in your tail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts