Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get the right side engine cover off of my bike :retard:. I tried tapping it about with a rubber mallet, I tried putting screws in two of the holes and tilting them while pulling, Ive tried everything.

I think the po used liquid gasket maker and loctite or something :cursin:. Should I use a heat gun?? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
May ruin it but trya razor blade fiirst to see if you can get any gap at all.

then gently go up in size/strngth....working around perimeter.

Or possibly a heat gun might expand the cover enoughto break it loose....?

Good luck!

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
I know you already got it, but what about wd/40 and using the razor blade to gently push it into the seem. Spray around again, then wait an hour.

BTW, how did you get it off?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah could have tried that too. I noticed there is actually two lips one on each side (my bikes an 05) and they are right next to the frame perfect to pry it off. so I put a piece of cardboard between a screw driver and the frame and pryed against the lip and it poped right off.

That almost looks like the purpose of those lips.

·
Registered
601 Posts
lol guess I should have said smacking it instead of tapping cuz I was hitting it hard enough to leave some rubber behind ha.. but thanks for the advise
Oh haha.

I don't remember running into any issues taking my cover off, however I knew there was nothing behind it that I could really damage so once I took the screws out, I just yanked her off.

But you got it off, so all good. The next time you do it, it'll take you 1 min.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts