Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dumbass me locked my key in my passenger seat and now I cant get into it...lol anyone know any way to unlock the seat? I only had one key.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Isn't there a cable connected from the key lock to the unlocked mechanism?

Or get a magnet and try to move it around to somewhere more accessible?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
When you eventually do fish your key back out, this is a great time to get a copy made. :D

I had to go to a Honda Powersports dealer though, normal key cutting machines usually don't cut the kind of key that we use. Was still cheap though.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Well, it's not really reasonable, but if you're really desperate you could cut a hole in the battery tray...

·
Registered
81 Posts
This happened to my cousin last summer. As stated above there's a cable going from the key hole to a latch that latches your seat down. We just straightened a hanger and made a hook on one end and fished around till we found the latch and pulled. The seat popped right off. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for all the input guys! lol I got to my key I just pulled up on the seat and used a magnet to fish out the key.. Wasn't pretty but it worked without any damage! definitely making a few spares!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
First thing I did was make a spare lol hell of a time finding people to cut it don't know why no one wanted to touch my blank it was a 5 second job and cost me 2$

1 - 15 of 15 Posts