Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been staring at the 05 RC51. From what I understand it will be the last year. Regardless, I want a twin as well as my RR.

What do you guys think about it?

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
there's a bunch of em on here...talk to hondaf41guy, jetblast10, phatrc51, OR...do a search on the rc51 and read away mang.

e

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
its a whole different animal with that twin. All the torque you could ever want and its just as fun as the rr in its own way. If you have the means pick one up!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have my RC51 home tonight and I love the v-twin omg Torque. I've gotta post some pictures in the daylight I have done nothing but ride it today.

It may not be as fast as alot of bikes but way faster than I need to be going. It is just a blast I think.

·
Registered
268 Posts
They've been saying it's the last year for two or three years now. :) I've never had an RC51, but I've had 1000cc vtwins, and they're a blast to ride. A couple of my riding friends have the RC51 (they love 'em), and another one of the guys in the group is looking at getting one.

It's a different experience from riding an inline 4, and a great complement. No need to find the right gear, you're always in it, just twist the wrist.

I say go for it!

·
Registered
881 Posts
i don't have one, but got on one and it's a totally different bike that you'll love. Few of my friends had them, they've wrecked three already, but would still get a new one if they could afford it. Yeah, get one. Can't go wrong, and even has a cult like following.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
rc51.org

my riding buddy has one. it sounds AMAZING with yoshi pipes. Loud as hell. its a beautiful bike. Another friend is picking his up tomorrow morning, brand new. They're awesome bikes. If I were to get a liter twin it'd be the RC51.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I love those bikes. Everytime I see one though I can't help but think about how much you'd have to spend on exhaust since you'd have to have 2 slip-ons. Yeah, that's something dumb to think about, I know. I'd love to ride one one day.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I owned a 2002. The bike has virtually been unchanged other than paint since 02. They are fun to ride, but just as stated they are completely different than your inline four. Speed on the RC doesn't feel like speed on the 600rr. They are a tad heavy and not as quick as other liter bikes, but still fun. As others have stated it is a cult thing and yes every year Honda says will be the last. Enjoy.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
This is the last year for the 51? Are they making another twin to replace it?

Jason

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Visitor Q said:
This is the last year for the 51? Are they making another twin to replace it?

Jason
As others said, they have said before they were going to quit making it. But if they actually do, I don't think they will have a replacement V-twin right away. The 1000RR is what they expect to sell in it's place.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I loved mine. The torque is awsome. Just dont get stuck in trafic on a hot day cuz your nutz are gonna cook!!!!! :cool:

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
well after being around hondaf4iguy's RC all day, i'd be hard pressed not to seriously consider it if i ever moved up. the sound is just incredible!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
hawaii600rr said:
I loved mine. The torque is awsome. Just dont get stuck in trafic on a hot day cuz your nutz are gonna cook!!!!! :cool:
That is no ****, I could not believe how hot it gets when at a light.

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Yeah the RC51 looks to a sweet a$$ bike, too bad its $$$. What the retail on something like that? 11-12? I guess that is really not that bad if thats the case. Would love to ride one. Cheaper than a 999.

Jason

·
Registered
8 Posts
I own an '02 RC and a 600RR. As much fun as the RC is to ride I think the RR is a better motorcycle out of the box. I have not done the upgrades to the RC that would bring out it's full potential but, on the other hand, I am not willing to make that kind of commitment. The torque is great fun and it is a solid bike but the RR in my opinion is a better motorcycle in terms of handling and agility. And, today's 600s are definitely not slow!
I vowed I would keep the RC when I bought the RR but I can no longer OBJECTIVELY find reason not to sell it. Yeah, I'll miss it and ten years from now I'll get a smile when I say I owned one.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts