Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
im 35, just traded in my 2009 suzuki M50 for a 2011 cbr600rr. no comparison, of course. if you get a cruiser, you need a BIG one since 2 cylinder v-twin engines are a classic case of apples and oranges. just dont have the power for passing on the highway and getting you up hills and such unless youre well beyond the liter mark. the suzuki M90 would be a good start, my M50 was too small. the stryker or whatever that things called is also pretty awesome.

todays cruisers are more sporty, can lean them over farther, and that sort of thing but you really need at least a 1200-1300. i consider a big cruiser engine an absolute must if youre gonna have a passenger.

get an airhawk for your seat.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
nope. dont really ever see it. unless i`m riding well into my 70s, then maybe my back wont be able to take the strain haha. i`m 35 and this is my 1st streetbike, so sportsbikes are really new and exciting to me right now and cant see anything beyond these type of bikes.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Realistically, I would imagine a lot of us are going to have to move onto a cruiser/touring bike once we hit that middle-agedness. At least I know I will. Touring with the wife sounds like a blast but doing it on a 600 or 1k sounds retardedly painful for both of us.

All of that being said, I will probably always have a sports bike for riding around town and at the track.

·
Registered
14,379 Posts
Nope, not for a while anyhow. At 52 I still love the overly aggressive riding position on the Ducati, and the 600RR is my track toy until it burns to the ground.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm just waiting until I can free up the money and I'm going to get a Concours 14, I'll always keep my sportbike for cruising, commuting and looking good, but I'd like to be able to throw the wifey on the back of the bike and take a nice long haul and even have some storage capability, I can't blame her for not wanting to ride on the back of the cbr

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
well i think a bobber would be sweet to have!... but in reality Ill probably just get a less aggressive sport bike for around town if my body decides to quit on me...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Nope not until I'm old and decrepit ....same for long oards I'll ride shortboards till I'm either to fat or to old to surf!

·
Registered
341 Posts
37 here and no desire for a cruiser. however, maybe a sport tourer like a BMW K 1300 or 1600 GT IN ADDITION to my RR.

·
Scooty-Puff Jr. Racer
5,882 Posts
I don't know about cruisers yet, but I'd really love to get a cafe racer project going. I can see myself on a restored old panhead someday though.

NEVER will I have anything remotely like a Honda Goldwing.

I like riding a bike, not riding a convertible 2 wheel car.
:+1: I love the old cafe racer projects... once I finish up my RR :)crackup:) Ide like to start on a street fighter or cafe racer

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I know i'll probably give in to a cruiser when I hit 50's or so, but I don't mind rocking a Can-am Spyder...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.