Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up everyone....i just went on my first long trip on my cbr 600rr 2007 today...we did 500 miles...i am thinkin about gettin a gopro but that **** is pretty expensive, i was wondering if there is another type of system similar to the gopro out there

·
Registered
145 Posts
HD170 stealth Drift Innovation

Thats a pretty versatile one. DS83 on youtube uses it, and some pretty cool stuff comes out of it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
jusdt saying but amazon is $260 atm.. just bought one and getting delivered to me thanks to my brother living there...

in uk = £280 and with conversion it's about £170 so saved a fair amount... (motorsport hero version)

it's not too bad value when u think about it... hard case, mounts, camera (movie and still)

·
Registered
540 Posts
contour HD used for under 100 bucks.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Another alternative is buying a camera mount like the Mini Gecko for $30 if you already have your own camera (or intend to buy a digital camera).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ices_DDMOUNT_MINI_DDMOUNT_MINI_Fat_Gecko.html

It has a universal screw for digital cameras so you can use almost any camera with it. I use mine with my Gopro so I have 2 different cameras, or use either one depending on the type of ride.

Can be mounted anywhere that has a flat surface:

^ This plus this

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Another alternative is buying a camera mount like the Mini Gecko for $30 if you already have your own camera (or intend to buy a digital camera).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/640311-REG/Delkin_Devices_DDMOUNT_MINI_DDMOUNT_MINI_Fat_Gecko.html

It has a universal screw for digital cameras so you can use almost any camera with it. I use mine with my Gopro so I have 2 different cameras, or use either one depending on the type of ride.

Can be mounted anywhere that has a flat surface:

^ This plus this

great idea ...i was thinking about just getting a mount and using my girlfriends digital camera and getting a bigger sd card for it.....thanks alot

·
Registered
491 Posts
How strong does this thing hold? I'm always afraid of using something like this out of fear it will lose suction and drop my digital camera on the track.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I almost bought one of those mounts too but decided against it after realising a standard digicam just does not have a wide enough lense and you end up with often shody video - its bad enough on the GoPro but I guess you get what you pay for.

That said mount looks like the same design as the GoPro and its really solid as long as it is a flat,smooth,clean surface (i.e no stickers, bends, features etc)

As for UK prices - I eventually just sucked it up as I would have to wait till late September to have anyone able to buy it for me in the states as shipping is about 40USD and customs was too much if it got picked up

·
Registered
491 Posts
I didn't think about the lens issue, I might just tape the camera down and see what kind of video I'm gonna get.
As for the long term, I'm looking at GoPro HD vs Contour HD vs Replay XD.

·
Registered
689 Posts
If you have a cycle gear near you the 14th thats today and today only, they are having a 10% off everything in the store. The go pro will come out to around 280 with tax. I purchased my go pro about 3 weeks ago and they told me to come back today and they will refund me 30 somethin bucks.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
one of the contour models allows you to track by gps your position on the track and speeds right on screen of the vid. pretty cool feature i think. i have a gopro motorsports package that i've been happy with, but seeing your speed is neat on the finished vids.

·
Registered
491 Posts
one of the contour models allows you to track by gps your position on the track and speeds right on screen of the vid. pretty cool feature i think. i have a gopro motorsports package that i've been happy with, but seeing your speed is neat on the finished vids.
Yeah I think that's the contour gps, they're releasing a new one called contour plus that will include all the features of the other ones but will have a better lens, mic, etc. It's just $499 :banghead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.