Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I was wondering if anyone has recommendations for good tires. I do only street riding. 95% around town.

Currently I am running the Pirelli Diablo Rosso II. No complaints so far. However they are expensive and seem not to last very long.

I'd like to have a pair that ideally lasts for 15k km (10k miles).

What's good from your experience?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, Im running on dunlop roadsmart 3 and they seems to last at least 10k km, but they are expensive too. Been on track 1 time and they are good for me.

Odesláno z mého ONEPLUS A3003 pomocí Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
For you I would recommend the pilot road or Bridgestone S21.

The pilot roads will last 10k miles but they are expensive and the handling will go to **** before you run out of tread.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts
this type of post will not produce any meaningful results.

when you ask a forum what "blank" is best. you will just get a bunch of people telling you to use what they do. what they use is best, because they chose it, and they will not be wrong.

this is not useful to the person asking. let's all do a big circle jerk about our choice in tires.

go online, and search for "best tire suited to what i want to do with them". this will give you an idea.

·
Registered
389 Posts

when you ask a forum what "blank" is best. you will just get a bunch of people telling you to use what they do. what they use is best, because they chose it, and they will not be wrong.

this is not useful to the person asking. let's all do a big circle jerk about our choice in tires.

go online, and search for "best tire suited to what i want to do with them". this will give you an idea.
I get what you are saying but his post is not that. OP gave enough info for us to provide good feedback.

Hence my recommendation of two tires with a hard center, which will provide the longevity the op desires.

Yes I have experience with the tires I recommended, but, Isn't that a good thing? :poke: It's not like I recommended Dunlop Q3+'s, which is what I am currently running (and enjoying very much).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Yeah I know. And to be honest I already had some tires I wanted to try out next. So my questions was less a "I need your help" but more a "I wonder what the other cbr owners put on their bikes and how many miles they actually get out of them" thing.

But thanks anyway.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Switched to Q3+ and never looked back. Used to run Shinko Raven 009 front and back and those gave me good life ~10kmi and could even do rookie classes at the track. For a solid, cheap, and generally good all around tires I can suggest the Ravens from experience. They're OK in the wet, pretty decent side grip, and have solid life.

wibbly, I don't think it's such a bad thing to ask subjective questions like these. At the very least the PO gets a response of a cross section of the tires the people use for similar riding. Better than online publications that just recycle the same 5 tires over and over for reviews: "Let's see how this years X manufacturer compares to last year!"

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,799 Posts
the reason i said what i did is there is absolutely no way to now what each person's actual skill level is.

you can say shinkos are great on the track, but that personal experience isn't likely to carry over to other track users. how many different tires have you used at the track?

this is what i mean, most will just say what they've used, because their own bias towards their own choices will lead them to do it. there's nothing wrong with suggesting what you use, but for someone who wants good info, hearing what a bunch of people use isn't overly helpful

if you go and read an actual tire test, the reviews are from professional riders who have basically ridden every bike and every tire out there, and are writing in depth reports on their findings. i'd put a lot more consideration into the response of one of those guys than someone who's (for example) had a 600rr as his first bike and has been riding for 6 months on a set of bridgestone battlax bt023s telling me they're amazing tires.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Pilot Road I got 10,000 miles from a rear tire. Conti Motion I got 14K up front. Those were on the motorcycle when I purchased used. YMMV

·
Registered
966 Posts
I get about 8000 rear and 12,000 front miles from Q3's on my F4i. All road to work and back riding plus weekend fun.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Another happy Dunlop Q3 owner. Ran all releases of Michelin Pilots and Pirelli Rosso Corsa. I would buy Q3+ as my next tire since it's the best bang for the buck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts