Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm in the market for a motorcycle jacket. Any recommendations on a kangaroo skin jacket, and where to find one?

They seem tough to come by...

THANKS!!

·
Registered
561 Posts
^ judging by another thread where a someone mentioned that roo skin is up to ten times tougher than leather, alot lighter and breathes better. Im guessing its a big advantage judging by that and this is probably why.

On another note....I have no idea. Someone will come in here to point you in the right direction. Someone had a one piece roo leather suit for sale in the gear classifieds though.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
'Roo skin is great - but I've never heard of it being integrated into jackets, only suits and gloves. Spidi maybe? I don't even know.

·
BOTM Winner 07/12
1,714 Posts
I'm kind of a fan of the Teknic Xcelerator. Their sizing seems to fit me well

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I think rs-taichi intergrates kangroo leather in their jackets. I know they do on their gloves, because I have the gp-evo by them and love them.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
one good reason to get 'roo skin is because they are CONTRABAND in the nanny fascist state of California..

It is also super supple and flexible and very abrasion resistant.

when I next leave the smothering bosom of the motherstate i will look to be buying 'roo.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Roo leather in something besides a glove? Sounds expensive. Someone talked me out of roo gloves. They don't wick moisture well and get very dirty very fast

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have not seen a jacket with kangaroo, only suits and gloves. I have two pair of gloves with kangaroo and although it does stain a bit from sweat, the feel for the controls is much better than with other types of leather.

Held makes a nice suit which is 40% kangaroo.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
one good reason to get 'roo skin is because they are CONTRABAND in the nanny fascist state of California..

It is also super supple and flexible and very abrasion resistant.

when I next leave the smothering bosom of the motherstate i will look to be buying 'roo.
Are you certain? I have never heard of a ban on products containing kangaroo leather in California. Maybe it's illegal to manufacture them here?

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
sorry - i am only going on hearsay....

but i do not see mention of K skin - here in Cali?

or advertisments?

and have heard that it cannot be shipped from out of state into.

kind of like blowguns?

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Maybe like, high volumes of raw hides? I dunno.

But you and I can buy a full Arlen Ness kangaroo suit here no problem. Dainese sells their full line of suits here as well, and their higher end suits have 'roo in them (the Trickster does, I think?)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts