Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike lesson is not until the June 4th weekend but I've rode my bike around my block 3-4 times already, about an hr each time, just to get used to the basic and etc.

I am getting better at finding Neutral but is there a secret way? Sometimes I find myself pushin the lever up too far going into 2nd gear.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just practice... it will be second nature soon. I would suggest sitting in your garage... practice going from 1st to neutral over and over again. Just a thought.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
...half click up from first...just lightly nudge the lever...it's really not hard to find...you should be able to feel it...

·
Registered
96 Posts
shouldn't be that hard man... if you can't feel the half nudge up into neutral from first maybe there's something wrong with your shifter...

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
You'll get used to it. I do it by feel and rarely even look down at the display to check for the green light. It'll come naturally as you get used to riding your girl (sounds kinda nasty).

C

·
0 Posts
Yea, worse comes to worse, go down to first and come up to find it. Eventually you will be able to feel the half click down from second.

·
Registered
282 Posts
yeeep, all it takes is time to get used to the shifter on any bike.
when in second or first, jsut very very gently slide the shifter in the appropriate direction until you feel it setting into it.

besides, a hard to find neutral isn't that bad. you don't want to be accidentally putting it in neutral.

V

·
0 Posts
Its not like the G Spot or anything..its really easy to find, just gently click it into neutral from first or second. Just practice, there really isnt any type of secret.

·
Registered
378 Posts
you"ll have an easier time after your break in period. I had a hellva time finding mine until i hit that 400 mile mark and went for my first service. after that neutral was nothing !

good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts