Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No offense to stunters and newbies, but I'm just curious how many of us there are. I generally cruise around Redondo, Torrance, San Pedro, Manhattan... that whole area. If I can get at least one other rider, I like to head to GMR, Azusa, Malibu, and Angeles Crest.

Anyone here similar? I carry a moderately fast pace in the mountains, I commute at or near the speed limit, and usually wear full leathers if I'm going to one of the above.

Let me know! It's always fun meeting new riders who share similar values! Newbies welcome too, just no one that would cause trouble (I.E., have no clue what the hell they are doing)

·
Registered
532 Posts
i agree always risky riding with random people who think it's a "race" or try's to show off. i work in Redondo but live in Pasadena. i'm down one of these days to go up the crest or mulholland. i normally ride with a buddy that rides a SV and he's a very responsible rider. you could do GMR and Azusa in 1 trip. go up gmr to crystal lake and down azusa but i've only done that once and not familiar with at all.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lately i've been going up the crest by myself trying to break this suit in. going about or under speed limit until i get comfortable in it.
I rarely go stupid-fast up there, but a few corners I do like to crank it down a bit. Generally I'm at or above the limit by 10-15, some corners that I know really well and have scouted I go in pretty deep.

My feeling at the Crest is the perfect ride stays in 2 gears and never touches the brakes. That's almost impossible at the other, tighter places.

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
No offense to stunters and newbies, but I'm just curious how many of us there are. I generally cruise around Redondo, Torrance, San Pedro, Manhattan... that whole area. If I can get at least one other rider, I like to head to GMR, Azusa, Malibu, and Angeles Crest.

Anyone here similar? I carry a moderately fast pace in the mountains, I commute at or near the speed limit, and usually wear full leathers if I'm going to one of the above.

Let me know! It's always fun meeting new riders who share similar values! Newbies welcome too, just no one that would cause trouble (I.E., have no clue what the hell they are doing)
Hit up David (aka malibucbr) on 1000RR.net

·
Registered
532 Posts
I rarely go stupid-fast up there, but a few corners I do like to crank it down a bit. Generally I'm at or above the limit by 10-15, some corners that I know really well and have scouted I go in pretty deep.

My feeling at the Crest is the perfect ride stays in 2 gears and never touches the brakes. That's almost impossible at the other, tighter places.
i'm about the same. normally on the top half (from big tujunga to newcombs) i'm very familiar with and probably only go 10-15 mph faster on some corners, most the time i'm riding speed or a little above. the beginning half of the 2 hwy i go 45-60mph. very true about 2 gears not touching brakes on the crest.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm about the same. normally on the top half (from big tujunga to newcombs) i'm very familiar with and probably only go 10-15 mph faster on some corners, most the time i'm riding speed or a little above. the beginning half of the 2 hwy i go 45-60mph. very true about 2 gears not touching brakes on the crest.
My dad always preached that to me. That road can show a riders' problems pretty quick!

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
What about you? You still riding around locally or are you mostly track now?
I ride both, but don't get into that Orange Crush much. You ever come around this area?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ride both, but don't get into that Orange Crush much. You ever come around this area?
Nope, I'm only on ACH, GMR/Azusa, and in Malibu.

I want to see Palomar- I have never been, but I don't want to make the trip in one day. If I had the money for a hotel and all for the trip, I'd try it haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.