Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night as I was prepping the RR for its next track day and I had all the front bodywork off, I was just admiring the lines of its naked engine and frame. I got to thinking what a beautiful naked/streetfighter bike it could be, and what would be required to do a conversion. Wouldn't take much work. Remove the fairing stay and fabricate a custom bracket for the instrument panel. Some kind of headlight solution (either fork-mounted, like Ducati Monster, or frame-mounted, like Triumph Speed Three/Four). And probably a mini-fairing to hide the back of the instrument panel and wires.

Of course it would be an easy conversion back to full bodywork.

Anybody seen/done anything like this?

·
Registered
176 Posts
In the Brit mags, they have alot of aftermarket dealers that specialize in streetfighter parts. But I havn't seen anything that would customize the rest of the bike, just the front.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dekon said:
In the Brit mags, they have alot of aftermarket dealers that specialize in streetfighter parts. But I havn't seen anything that would customize the rest of the bike, just the front.
Yeah the Brits (and the rest of the world for that matter) have been crazy about streetfighters for a while now. We Americans are always the last to catch on. Same thing with supermotos.

Actually I was thinking of leaving the tail section as-is. (The RR has one of the most beautiful tails of any current sportbike, in my opinion.) Just make the front naked, pop in a conventional round headlight. (I'm actually not too crazy about those mini bugeye streetfighter headlights that they have in Europe.) Would be reminiscent of the old Honda CB-1, if you are old enough to remember that bike.

Maybe I'll do a photochop when I have time. Damn, I should have taken a picture of it before I remounted all the bodywork...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts