Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an O2 sensor available to me with a whole computer software package. I've also got a PCIII setup on my bike with a not so efficient map thanks to the dynojet website.

I would like to get to a tuning center and have the bike dynoed, but I doubt it's going to happen for me in ND (unless I am willing to drop $400.)

Can I effectively tune my bike with this O2 sensor, and manually update the values in the dynojet table?

Just curious... would be nice.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Not really. When the PCIII is tuned on the dyno they run the bike under an active load to measure the A/F ratio at every 250rpm for every throttle opening. For example, the dynojet software tells the operator to set the throttle to 20% and the dyno actively varys the load to allow the engine to run through the entire RPM range while the throttle is held constant. The computer calculates a new correction value for each rpm .This process is repeated a few times to reach optimum A/F ratio.

Pay for it. It's worth it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes you can. You have to buy a power commander wide band, and you can adjust the fuel curve yourself. I do this on my nitrous drag bike. You just adjust your fuel curve to 13.0

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How come everything I read elsewhere is telling me to tune 14.7 a/f stoichiometric?

Everything on this site is saying between 12.9 to 13.2 a/f... can anyone explain this?

My wideband kit can retrieve all the needed information, I think I could stay away from a power commander wideband.

·
Registered
313 Posts
The RR puts out the best power @ 13.x. Don't know why. It's true about the wide band, but the dyno is still the most thorough way to do it. It's great for drag racers because they can make tweeks to thier already dyno tuned map to adjust for different environmental conditions on the spot.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've got an O2 sensor available to me with a whole computer software package. I've also got a PCIII setup on my bike with a not so efficient map thanks to the dynojet website.

I would like to get to a tuning center and have the bike dynoed, but I doubt it's going to happen for me in ND (unless I am willing to drop $400.)

Can I effectively tune my bike with this O2 sensor, and manually update the values in the dynojet table?

Actually yes you can tune with only an O2 sensor, granted its a wide band O2 sensor and you are able to datalog the sensor readings.

·
Registered
313 Posts

The Wide band will cost you about $400. It comes with it's own O2 sensor, too. I'm sure it would be fun to datalog a full thottle run. I still say if you're gonna tune it pay the pro's.

·
WCR Racer
1,550 Posts
Email Dyno Jet, they come out with new software every week.
I was looking and found a new program to copy runs.
Maybe you can hook up a Lap top and take a couple runs.
Dont quote me on that as I was just messing around on the site.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the software package with my Bosch O2 sensor from Inovate motorpsorts, we are able to log on a laptop... so that portion is not a problem.

I just don't know how I update the maps on the PCIII, as it would have to be done manually.

FYI, our MegaSquirt ECU automatically updates maps based on the O2 data.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Nice. I'm thinking that ECU isn't compatable with the RR. That would be awesome to have.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is very much compatible, however, I won't be using it on my bike because it takes quite a long time to setup properly.

We'll be using it on a race car that we are designing... (pictures to follow...)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts