Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Know Its Not Most Of Your Guys Liking But It Is Mine And I Am Looking For Some Help On Finishing It And Seeing What It Will Look Like. Just Asking For Some Pix No Bashing Please.
Thanx

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
fastfoci said:
I Know Its Not Most Of Your Guys Liking But It Is Mine And I Am Looking For Some Help On Finishing It And Seeing What It Will Look Like. Just Asking For Some Pix No Bashing Please.
Thanx
Sorry, I can't comment without bashing on this. Possibly it is that Superbikes squidy episode of NewYork riders I saw a few weeks ago. There are tons of riderZZZ in your area that love to chrome everything they can get their hands on. It's all about show in New York it seems...more poser than anything else IMHO.

·
Registered
912 Posts
bk600rr, sick scheme. outlining the wing in white. chrome isnt my thing, but that is a very nice bike

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
how is chrome posing? some people chrome...some people powdercoat. I'm a powdercoat fan, but customizing the way your bike looks is about what you think looks trick. Screw what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
My friend help his friend put together a show bike. bought a rr and stripped it down to nothing. awesome paint and chrome, extended swingarm, massive wide rear tire. Definitely not my taste but you might like it. I can't pull the pictures up at the moment but when I do I'll post them

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx guys for the help. it does help me for what i was looking for.
as for the bashing about the new york thing.....who does that?
im chroming the bike because i would rather have a show bike or a bike i can enjoy riding back and forth to work rather than having a stock bike to go out and stunt with and maybe crash doing it. the $ i spent will make me keep 2 wheels on the ground. doesn mean i cant do stunts or im a poser...i lost my best friend to a tank slapper in 04. this was the alternative for keeping my bike after that.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I'm so confused. . . I don tunderstand why folks get such fast bikes when they dont plan on using it. It boggles my mind.

I plan on getting one of those comfy bmw bikes to take to work in the near future. maybe even a gold wing. :)

You will find that if u dont do any trackdays. . . or your stay close to the speed limit and rarely lean over, our bikes dont handle any better on the streets at those speeds then the cruisers do.(our bikes are made for the track, those bikes are made for the street) But w.e.

CHROME=cruise
CF PC and brushed al = Race

IMHO

and theres nothin wrong with cruising, I just wish people would start buying bike that fit their needs. . and dont get something fast just to be "badass"

what do i know?

600rr repsol = poser

HAHA

fastfoci said:
im chroming the bike because i would rather have a show bike or a bike i can enjoy riding back and forth to work rather than having a stock bike to go out and stunt with and maybe crash doing it. the $ i spent will make me keep 2 wheels on the ground. doesn mean i cant do stunts or im a poser...i lost my best friend to a tank slapper in 04. this was the alternative for keeping my bike after that.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
CHITO2004LAKERS said:
That is one sick RR. Not really a fan of the extended swingarm but I'm digging the candy green paint job.

I'll try to find close ups. those pics dont do the paint justice.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I wouldn't want to spend the money on chroming when it can be better spent on performance mods. I also wouldn't want something that requires cleaning/polishing beyond what I already have. I am a fan of powdercoat and polishing isn't so bad either. However, if it is a Harley chrome makes sense. To me, the CBR600RR is a race bike and does not need all that blinged out chrome to be hot.

·
Registered
132 Posts
fastfoci said:
I dont think anyone said anything about stunts. I think theyre referring to the fact you bought a 600 RR , and your going to essentially waste. No one said you should stunt your bike, rather learn to use it for what its made for, hit some track days, do some back country roads (best thing we have compared to you silly cali bastards and your canyons). This bike wasnt made to drive up and down the main strip all blinged out, it was meant to handle well at highspeeds. Now for my personal oppinion... First Im from Upstate New York (Albany, Saratoga) and there are alot of half helmet wearing, chicken strips for breakfast, lunch and dinner posers around here. They just wanna ride up through town and rev the bike and be like "hey, look at me, I cant meet women without chroming out and wasting a perfectly good sportbike!!". Drives me nuts! I used to ask these people to go riding and they dont wanna go anywheres where they cant drive in a straight line the whole time, have a ton of people see them, then park somewheres and sit for hours so more people can see them. But.... there is quite a few of us who ride back and mountain roads and appreciate what this bike can do. Unfortunately, our closest tracks are 3 1/2 hours away but theres still alot of people who hit em up. I know I'll be @ Poconos and NHIR in the spring once I get my truck, no more bling masters :pimp: to deal with.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I will never understand why others continually bash people for their differences. If you have a bike and you want to bling it, race it, stunt it, or take a $hit on it...it your choice. Not everyone here is a like. The site is for 600rr enthusiasts period

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here's a couple pix of my girl friend Sunny's bike. And like someone else said in this thread, f*ck what anyone else thinks...do what YOU want to your bike. You're the one that's going to be riding it. If they've got time to lecture you about what you should and shouldn't do to your bike based on their limited perceptions, they need a new hobby.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Guys....nothing wrong with yer take on this being a perfomance machine that is built for speed, cornering, etc... The bottom line is, do what YOU want with yer own damn bike and let others do whatever they like. If you're some badass racer who can drag knee and all that cool stuff, great...more power to ya (I damn sure can't but I don't think of myself as a poser cuz I ain't out there grindin down my chicken strips...i do what the hell I want with my bike...lol). If you like having a show bike, thass yer own damn perogative. Not saying you can't bash, but start yer own thread about bashing "bling" bikes somewhere else, and let this guy get the help that he needs on this thread. I mean, thass why we have this forum right?...people have questions and they look to those who have had that experience to try to help them out. I personally don't like chrome on my RR, but if this guy wants to do it then I say good luck with it and post pics when yer done. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts