Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the 1000 handle? Dealership has a great deal on a used one, i was thinking about picking it up for a track bike... unless it handles like a hog.

·
She thinks my tractor's sexy, it really turns her
5,253 Posts
They handle pretty goodk, 600's handle better tho.....you'd prolly have more fun if you used the 1k for your street bike and the 600 for your track.

N

·
0 Posts
This thread cracks me up!....hahahaha

We have a winna!!! Let the posts begin!

·
5,253 Posts
Uhh...No dude. What was meant is that, you can't ride a 600rr to it's full potential, which means you deffinantly can't ride a 1000rr to it's full potential which means you'll never get a chance to ride a RC211V.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
BenReilly said:
Uhh...No dude. What was meant is that, you can't ride a 600rr to it's full potential, which means you deffinantly can't ride a 1000rr to it's full potential which means you'll never get a chance to ride a RC211V.

ding...we have a winner.

Plus a 1000 is not a good idea for the average street to have as a track bike....highsides to the moon anyone???

Sold my r1 track bike and got a 600....and i have lots of track only track time (last 5 years)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I've passed plenty of Gsxr 1k, zx10, and 1000RR on my little 6 at the track. A six is easier to ride and therefore you'll be faster and learn more.

Last weekend I even had a guy on a ZX10 wanting to know if it was a 1000 and when I told him it was a six he wanted to know what motor work I had done to it cause he couldn't get past me even with a 3000 ft front straight.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I totaled my 600 in January and bought a 1000 to replace it. I only do street riding. The 1000 has its pros and cons. I usually ride with a passenger, and the extra power is a definite plus. You don't have to slip the clutch and rev the hell out of the bike to get it moving. As far as handling, the 1000 does feel heavier, but there isn't a huge difference. The bike is a little over kill though. You only need first and second gear for any street riding, the others will all land you in jail for the night. If I were you I would make the 600 the track whore and use the 1000 for the street.

·
5,253 Posts
The 1000 has alot of power on tap where as the 600 needs to scream a little. that tapped power is nice in the streets.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
BenReilly said:
Do I know you or something?

No I dont think I do, so where do you come off?

·
Registered
553 Posts
I'd say that statement is true for 97% of the people on this board....(myself included)

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
hey n00b, we're just trying to help you out, i doubt anyone on here has a 1000RR for a trackday, people tend to get 600RR's for the track and 1000RR's for the street. thats the way people prefer things. 1000rr.net and see if anyone there has a 600RR for the track, i bet u thats how people do it too over there.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
N00b? Ok, pretty much want nothing to do with this thread anymore some of you are a little too opinionated. Thanks for the help I guess though.

·
5,253 Posts
cling said:
If a 1000 is overkill then 250hp MotoGP bikes are DEF overkill :p
It started here when someone said a 1000 was overkill....you didn't understand them so you assumed something with a smart remark.

cling said:
Good assumption then, Padrosa is like 104 lb and rides a RC211V..
It went to you furthering the fact that you didn't understand what had been said with ANOTHER smart remark.

cling said:
Do I know you or something?

No I dont think I do, so where do you come off?
And this was last, you wonder where i come off?? Whats your name, b/c i wanna watch you the next time i see you in the AMA's, or WSB or whatever circuit you race since your soo F'in awesome that you use motorcycles to their full potential. 95% of ppl don't ride to a 600's full potential, let alone a 1000. If you are in that excluded 5%, you HAVE to be winning some sort of circuit right????

Were not bad were actually really nice, you shot back at us, and we unite haha. I'm sorry if you think were diks, you should stick around awhile and get to know us.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
true..just trying to educate before you take a 155hp 1000 and get hurt at the track...

Like i said,my last track bike was a WELL equpied r1 and it was just to much.

If youd like my background i'm 35 began riding at age 8,street bikes since i was 17,sport bikes since 1990,2 race schools and the last 5 years only doing track days.

Plus i have worked in the motorcycle industry as a sales man,service manger,store mangager and a dealer rep....

so if im not qaulified to give an opinion just let me know.

·
5,253 Posts
In all seriousness dude, we aren't trying to run you away. When i came her i was undereducated. I thought a bigger number meant everything. the only reason i have a 1000 now is b/c i got a pretty good deal on it. In fact, i can't count the times i've said "God the worst mistake i've made in the past few years is getting rid of the 600 for the 1000"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts