Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious. I'm sure that would take a lot off the top end but it seems like you would be a monster on corner exit, if you could keep it from spinning up...

Trackday junkies? Racers???

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
Run that at jennings. Great combo. T
Have a 190 rear and love it.

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
Not a problem. Tire will spin out of the corners.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
yeah I run a 1546 on most of the tracks I run except big willow I run a 15/43or44

I love it, you get great drive out of the corners and well most of us will never hit top end redline in 6th on any tracks here in the us except for maybe miller so you will be fine!

hope that helps, also I run a 190 rear too!

·
Premium Member
14,406 Posts
Yes, did this to the track bike with the stocker. T

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
regearing doesn't = more power. In first gear, it will make some difference. If first gear used to top out at 80MPH and now tops at 60MPH. Yes it will have more pull.

However, If you gear your bike where your third gear tops at 100 and a stock gearing second tops at 100. you'll be in third thinking, "man this third gear pulls hard." and the stock guy will be in second pulling just as hard.

Regearing will give you a little going down the starights only because when you redline 2nd gear and shift to third, a regeared bike will drop to like 12k RPM when you get into third, while a stock geared bike would drop to like 11k RPM. But you'll never notice the difference.

I gear for the corners. If I apex the corner in 2nd at 13.k RPM or 3rd at 9K RPM. I'm between gears for that corner. I'll change wehre either I'll apex in 2nd. at like 11k or 3rd at 11k. I just don't want to shift just coming out of a corner but I want to stay in the power too. That's why I change gearing.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
well explained dcope! took the words out my mouth!

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
regearing doesn't = more power. In first gear, it will make some difference. If first gear used to top out at 80MPH and now tops at 60MPH. Yes it will have more pull.

However, If you gear your bike where your third gear tops at 100 and a stock gearing second tops at 100. you'll be in third thinking, "man this third gear pulls hard." and the stock guy will be in second pulling just as hard.

Regearing will give you a little going down the starights only because when you redline 2nd gear and shift to third, a regeared bike will drop to like 12k RPM when you get into third, while a stock geared bike would drop to like 11k RPM. But you'll never notice the difference.

I gear for the corners. If I apex the corner in 2nd at 13.k RPM or 3rd at 9K RPM. I'm between gears for that corner. I'll change wehre either I'll apex in 2nd. at like 11k or 3rd at 11k. I just don't want to shift just coming out of a corner but I want to stay in the power too. That's why I change gearing.

So, I was thinking about this. I totally understand what you mean about gearing for corners, but why do people say to gear for the long straight? I was told to gear so that you top out in sixth right before your braking point. Does it make sense to try to get somewhat close to that and work on gearing for corners, or I guess the question is which is more important?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.