Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2005 w micron slip on and stock air filter. The bike came with a PC3, i didt even know until later on. I was going to get a custom map done, until i called around a bit, and the places i found either did not do them, or the cheapest i found was 350 dollars! Things here in NYC are getting ridiculous. I checked that post of custom maps on here, but found nothing for just a slip on and stock everything else, and the maps on the powercommander website suck so i just threw on a zero map. Anyways, anybody ever use these guys? http://www.faic.cc/ 75 bucks is not bad given my situation....????

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Yes Have used FAIC-dynarex's map, and it works better than anything i could find on line.....

look for a tuner who can check A/F ratio.....mine was good on this map.

overall response and performance is better than the dyno map that i had on my pc5 originally.....

I am happy, have put about 15k miles on this map.....better mid throttle /mid range response than other maps gave me.

09-full Arrow system-K&N airfilter

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
$350 is not bad at all. I was paying $300 8 years ago in California. Any map you buy or download is going to be a guess. Some will work well, some won't.

I would rather pay $350 and get the very best for the bike.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And i would rather take this crap off. Im not a "modding" guy, i was originally looking for a bone stock bike, like my first bike a 2004 gixxer, but i got such a good deal on this one and it was so well kept i jumped on it.

If it were up to me, i would rather it did not come with this, or all the after market stuff it had. I already got rid of the corbin seat to oem seat, fender eliminator to stock plastic fender, double bubble zero gravity to oem sized one, and the only reason i havent gotten rid of the exhaust to the stock one is because i would actually loose to much on doing so.

But yeh, i would take the pc3 off if it comes down to it. But i guess in the meantime ill stick with a zero map. 350 bucks is ridiculous

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
The zero map is the same as removing it. It's also VERY easy to remove, then you could sell it.

Mapping a bike properly takes hours to do, it's not a quick process. I consider it worthwhile, but I noticed a huge difference on my '06. I get why you would want to remove it. It certainly isn't a required mod. My RSV4 has far fewer mods than most bikes here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts