Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short my 600 got stolen and the on the right side shaved off. I was going to sell it but people are sketched out which is understandable. How can I go about proving it’s mine? And that it’s that bike. It was at a tow yard and an expert figured the vin out and that’s when I got a letter. I have the letters, the police report and title.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Find custom shoppe that has set of stamps to put VIN back on. Simple 5-minute fix and bike's back to normal.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Find custom shoppe that has set of stamps to put VIN back on. Simple 5-minute fix and bike's back to normal.
I would absolutely NOT follow this advice or you could end up in a whole lot of legal trouble.

Apart from that they are very unlikely to have stamps in the correct font. If they did that would concern me…….

I would contact the DVS for their advice on the correct course of action.

My gut feeling is that you leave it as is and sell with the supporting documentation you have. I suspect you’ll have sell at below market price.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I can only tell you for sure about S. Carolina but I suspect other states are the same since this is something that happens thousands of times a year all over the country.

I recently bought a 750 Gixxer that was a recovered theft with VIN scratched off. Filled out a form at DMV and they sent me a new VIN plate (had to prove ownership with the title of course). I then had to have it pinned to the bike (only legal way to attach it). Once that was done I let them know and an inspector came and looked at it. He then attached a sticker saying that it's been inspected. Now it's treated like it never happened.

Sleeve Grey Collar Material property Font

1 - 4 of 4 Posts